_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Unsung Sisters Campaign starts soon !
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 03:43 AM UTC
So far there has been 10 builders signed up for the campaign, which starts the 23rd of march. We need more old salts to join in on the fun! Now I'm sure there are a lot of members on this site that have a ship kit or two tucked away in there stash, now's a good time to dust it off and make a beautiful model out of it! This is going to be a fun campaign, and a learning time for all of us. Just a heads up on this friends! Lets have a good build !

Cheers,

Garry
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 07:04 AM UTC
Gary
Is the Atlantic a group build or a ribbon earning campaign? I like those little bits of colored ribbon to put on my profile. I am doing the Tamiya 1:350 King George V kit. If both are campaigns, can I use it for both, renaming it the Anson for the unsung sisters? Could do both by putting little boats in the Airplane hanger area and calling it the Anson, and then installing the aircraft and making it the KG V for the Atlantic campaign. I have a modern day Enterprise kit, but no way would I have time to build both even if I were still unemployed and not hit by the low modeling desire bug which I think I've broken out of.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 09:08 AM UTC
Howdy Steve,
The Unsung sisters is a Campaign and the Atlantic Build is just that, a group build. And yes, your KGV could be easily converted to the Anson and used in the Sisters Campaign.
Glad you got the modeling bug back again Steve, Look forward to having you on the build !

Cheers,

Garry
 _GOTOTOP