_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
butcher job
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 12:54 AM UTC
Maybe 6 years ago I put together the 350 Ise. Planning a move in next year and figured to cut back on some built stuff that probably wouldn't survive. Got a great deal on another Ise and put in stash. Figured some day to dole out ships i was replacing to the Boy Scout troop I work with. Then along comes the Hyuga. excited I can finally do the full BB. Shock its another hybrid...in fact it is the same kit as Ise. What to do what to do. Looked at pictures and diagrams. Ta-da...cut up the old Ise and use parts to build gun mounts and of course main guns. So the deed has been accomplished. Salvaged a myriad of other parts especially the binocular posts..cant have enough of those little buggers and sections of deck to build the gun platforms in stern. Also got a Fuso wood deck coming as it has the rear linoleum deck where the aircraft are...as well as a close shape to the stern .
Figure an Ise wood deck and PE set should finish the needs for the kit. LOL it will probably be a few years before I tackle this project by then Fujimi will probably make the kit or someone will do a backdate kit.

Oh an additional project is to convert the 35th scale PT Boat to RC. found a good hardware kit on ebay. Went to hobby store to get all the rest of the goodies. LOL Now gonna have to figure how to hook it all up...another future project

Man is retirement going to busy for me... eh?
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,157 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 03:04 AM UTC
Sounds like all great projects and seems that you'll have your
hands full when retirement finally arrives!
All be best with the future projects and upcoming move and I am
sure a lot of the models will survive...properly packed.
Have a Happy New Year!

Joe
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:05 AM UTC
Always good to have a plan! Best of luck on the move when it happens....and the builds!
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:10 AM UTC
Hi Steve,

Your 1/350 Ise backdate project sounds daunting - it almost seems more challenging to go that way than the BB to BB/CV conversion the Japanese did! Be sure to post pictures, I'd love to watch your progress. I hope you go forward with it soon - there's no better way to assure that Fujimi will release an unaltered BB version than your finishing one yourself!

By the way, I'm working on an Ise myself at the moment - in 1/2000 scale.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 02:56 AM UTC
i bet the PE is a bugger for that one
 _GOTOTOP