_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Unsung Sisters Campaign Ribbons
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:25 PM UTC
Hey folks, Flitzer did a great job of taking a very poor idea I had for a campaign ribbon, and turned it into some pretty neat medals. He's created four of them, in various colors, silver, gold, bronze, platinum. I'm not sure we need that many but I'm open to ideas on how to put them to use if we use them. Say a higher medal if you use PE or maybe if you build multiple ships? Take a look at this link and tell me what you think.
Campaign Medals
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:59 PM UTC
Howdy Rodger,

I'm not sure the application of the familiar 'Gold/Silver/Bronze' thing is a usable idea unless you are going to be doing some judging of the entries. This type of medal 'system' is obviously most prevelantly used with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd type of arrangement.
A thought....since the interior colouring of the medal is 'transparent' in the software that flitzer is using, why not try to incorporate a 'National' symbol within the body of the medal?
You could have the U.S. White 'Star', or the Russian Red 'Star', or the German cross (can't remember the name), or the British Tri-coloured circle , or something else to designate the country the ship is from??......
Just a thought off the top of my very tired head.
hth.

Tread.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 01:18 PM UTC
What Tread said, that sound great to me! makes more sents than different metal colors of the contest type.

Just my 2 clams worth

Garry
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 01:57 PM UTC
Ok, guys, I'll check with Flitzer and see what he says.
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 09:59 PM UTC
Everything looks good to me---great ideas and suggestions for the gongs. Since this isn't just a World War 2 build, I suggest useing the Eisen Kruz for the Germans, instead of the haeken kruz.
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 10:20 PM UTC
They look great to me too ( love the mermaid).. I agree with the suggestion that the gold, silver, bronze thing not working unless there is judging.

The national symbol is a good idea too, but the work involved in finding out wht person built what nation of ship would be alot of work. If the person doing the work doesn't mind It would be great.

Just a thought though. Since it is a Naval Campaign how bout something generic like putting an Anchor on the ribbon part of the medal. If you still want the nationality of the ship in the medal. How bout using the colors of the nation in the ribbon part with the anchor on it.

Just a thought I would throw out there.. Anything is really fine with me, but keep the mermaid .. That would be my only real suggestion here.

Paul
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2004 - 01:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

".....( love the mermaid).......... Anything is really fine with me, but keep the mermaid .. That would be my only real suggestion here.

Paul

#:-) #:-) .....I think our good warlock0322 just has a ' thing' for Darryl Hannah!....

Tread.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2004 - 04:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think our good warlock0322 just has a ' thing' for Darryl Hannah!....

And you don't? I'm not sure I want to drive up to Fort Collins with you. Unless of course you promised to be 'just friends." :-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2004 - 11:34 AM UTC
I'll be happy to get anything. Like the idea of medals, but have to agree the difficulty of separate medals/colors probably would be difficult to marshall out. Look at the US.military's use of campaign medals you only get one choice
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2004 - 03:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

".....( love the mermaid).......... Anything is really fine with me, but keep the mermaid .. That would be my only real suggestion here.

Paul

#:-) #:-) .....I think our good warlock0322 just has a ' thing' for Darryl Hannah!....

Tread.

who doesn't?????.... I would be worried if you would have said Tom Hanks....#:-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 09:35 AM UTC
The last time I saw Darryl Hannah was in a flic called "Dancing at the Blue Iguana" makes me think the beauty we saw walk up to the Statue of Liberty was a stand in or else Darryl has turned slightly anorexic (spelling?)
 _GOTOTOP