_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Revell/ICM Seehund midget Sub (OOB)
Mechworker
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Model Shipwrights: 15 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 12:52 PM UTC
While I tend to focus on mecha, cars and planes, I do have other interests as well. One of those is submarines. I generally find modern subs to be a little bit boring, but WWII subs generally grab my attention. Of course, the weirder it is the more I like it, and the German midget subs of WWII must be some of the weirdest, and least effective, of their type!

Needless to say, this means I do have a real thing for German midget subs, and I’m always surprised to find out just how many kits of these things there are! Last year I picked up a couple more, and the smaller (kit) of the two is the one I thought I’d share first! Check out one of Germany’s better entries into this category, the 1/72 Seehund. It’s an ICM, but this copy is brought to you by Revell Germany. Either way, it’s a neat kit of a little-known craft!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/revell-icm-1-72-type-xxviib-seehund-midget-submarine-out-of-box/

TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 01:17 PM UTC
Hi Adam,

This looks to be a fun project! It will be interesting to watch this smaller kit build after Warren’s just-finished 1/35 scale version. I'll be following with interest!
surfsup
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,230 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,212 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 02:28 PM UTC
Ditto. This will be a fun one to watch.....Cheers mark
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 09:24 PM UTC
It is a neat little kit, will be along for the ridw.

Cheers

Si
 _GOTOTOP