_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
BAD VENDOR ALERT
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 11:13 AM UTC
Hobbymodels.com... I place an order (pre order)with them over a year ago...unfulfilled. Contacted them when I saw they had ceased listing the item. They told me I ha store credit. When I placed another order they charged credit card again. As it was a pre order I figured that was problem. Contacted them numerous times asking for a substitution....no reply. So finally placed an order and made sure i put in remarks that I had store credit. Charged my card again. And big surprize after I ordered kit it now became OOS. Well numerous attempts asking for refund or to send me a kit have been ignored. Very little I can do except get on modelling sites and let fellow modelers know about them
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 11:23 AM UTC
Steve,

You are not alone; the Better Business Bureau has other consumer comments about Hobby Models, LLC (Hobbymodels.com) at https://www.bbb.org/us/pa/south-canaan/profile/retail-hobby-supplies/hobby-models-llc-0241-236014649/complaints
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,298 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 12:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hobbymodels.com... I place an order (pre order)with them over a year ago...unfulfilled. Contacted them when I saw they had ceased listing the item. They told me I ha store credit. When I placed another order they charged credit card again. As it was a pre order I figured that was problem. Contacted them numerous times asking for a substitution....no reply. So finally placed an order and made sure i put in remarks that I had store credit. Charged my card again. And big surprize after I ordered kit it now became OOS. Well numerous attempts asking for refund or to send me a kit have been ignored. Very little I can do except get on modelling sites and let fellow modelers know about them

You can cancel the credit card charge.
 _GOTOTOP