_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Cruisers
Topics covering cruisers both past and present.
1/350 USS Salem..Des Moines class HC
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 - 02:27 AM UTC
Just got an announcement from Freetime Hobbies (Blue Ridge/Very Fire) that a plastic USS Salem kit is in the works to be released by Very Fire. Cost $130 pre-order. Very excited about this new manufacturer as Trumpeter has dropped ball on the 350 line as we still have yet to see the promised Rodney/Nelson or the Baltimore class HC. Very Fire has released several Iowa class and a Montana so maybe they will pick up the slack and get some more different kits out there. Thank you Trumpeter for what you have done, hope you come back and join in again
Quincannon
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 275 posts
Model Shipwrights: 273 posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 - 05:06 AM UTC
I received the same notification this morning as well. Salem is something I thought I would never see in plastic.

Now if Brandon and his crew would produce a couple of versions of the Cleveland Class and include Fargo, I would feel my life is fulfilled. He of course hinted at more to come.

I agree about Trumpeter as it relates to the Baltimore Class in 350. That could not help but be a money maker, and when you combine it with 3D printed parts, you would not be limited to the usual war time versions of a class that served through many peace time/ cold war years.

rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,481 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,332 posts
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 - 07:00 AM UTC
I spoke with Very Fire and the expected release for the USS Salem is Sep/Oct.

So far Very Fire has been very receptive to ideas for their future releases. Cant wait to add the USS Salem to my store's inventory. Will offer it cheaper than Freetime.

David

_GOTOTOP