_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
USS Washington
gunnerPhil
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 30 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 11:41 AM UTC
I wonder how hard it would be to convert the Trumpeter North Carolina into the Washington at the time of her action off Guadalcanal??? Any Opinions?
And if anyone knows of a good references let me know please and thank you in advance.
gunnerPhil
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 30 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 11:44 AM UTC
That would be in 1/350 scale by the way...
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,298 posts
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 - 01:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I wonder how hard it would be to convert the Trumpeter North Carolina into the Washington at the time of her action off Guadalcanal??? Any Opinions?
And if anyone knows of a good references let me know please and thank you in advance.

Take a look at U.S. Fast Battleships 1936 -1945 by Lawrence Burr. The book is published by Osprey. By the way I am getting ready to kick off my build of the North Carolina.
My research shows both ships maybe of the same class but during the war they were both fitted out entirely different. Also I believe the Washington had a deck install for the air defense officer above the admirals deck and the North Carolina did not, but I don't think it was installed until after the Guadalcanal campaign.

If you are looking for any aftermarket items Model Monkey has some nice 3D items for the North Carolina class ships.

Mark
 _GOTOTOP