_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Latest on the Nimitz
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 06:27 PM UTC
Well, I've now heard a release date of September with a MSP of $200. But this baby is going to be single piece hull unlike the Enterprise
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2004 - 06:47 AM UTC
http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=tr05605
Baitman
Visit this Community
Kabul, Afghanistan
KitMaker: 8 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 - 04:48 PM UTC
HI, I'm new here, and I can't help wonderking if you guys are talking about the Nimitz from Tumpeter?
I read a magazine article about the Nimitz, it has a picture of a person holding up the deck of the ship. However, I saw another picture of a person holding up the deck of the Enterprise from Tamiya, they have a big difference in width! I know for a fact that there are difference in length between these 2 aircraft carrer but i'm pretty sure they are the almost the same in width.. So could one of these model makers be wrong??
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Model Shipwrights: 25 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 01:53 PM UTC
Bait, Well they did have a significant difference in width till Enterprise's last refueling. Whein stead of just ripping off only a small portion of the flight deck the pulled the whole dreaded thing and widen the flight deck for the Big "E". they whole project made the last refueling 5 years in stead of the usual 3 years in the yards. But the still is a big difference between what is basically is nuclear Kitty Hawk class and the grand Nimitz class carriers. Now here is a problem to whatch out for. the nimitz is shorter and skinnier thatn the Rosie and those made after here. Wonder if trumpeter caught that little detail. Many model companies never did catch that detail in making the kits in other scales. STUG
 _GOTOTOP