_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
What you have on your bench Swabies ?
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2004 - 03:23 AM UTC
This place has been stuck in low gear lately, so lets hear from you! All of my campaigns and group builds are finished. So now I am working on a 1/350 Tamiya Fletcher. Been wanting to start this kit for some time now. I am building her as the USS Jenkins DD447, early war in 1942 with the measure 12 mod paint scheme. So far I have the hull and deck painted, superstructure is mostly built. Need to paint and detail that before its attached. I'll be useing the Toms PE set on her. So how about the rest of you Swabies?

Cheers,

Garry
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
Model Shipwrights: 278 posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2004 - 03:35 AM UTC
I just put the finishing touches on a 4 ship modern Italian dio in 1/700-photos soon. My unsung sister's been on the back burner. Next up shipwize is a 1/700 dock dio with the CGN California, Anchorage amphib and a few subs. Photos of my Incoming build is on that campaign page. Just finished an He-111 and am working on a Do-217 for fun. Also have a 1/6 Tiger tank underway. I think I have a case of burnout though and am looking forward to a week off in early June!......Mike T
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2004 - 04:42 AM UTC
Just finishing a Revell 1/144 Typ XXI (full model, not cutaway!) that has been in the shelf for too many years - trying to build courage for the 1/72 VII-C!

Regards from the Skipper
Scunge
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 09:47 AM UTC
right now I have my Winston Churchill for unsung sisters underway. I need to run out to the hobby store to get some putty and some paint to move ahead with her though.
Leopold
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 446 posts
Model Shipwrights: 22 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 01:09 AM UTC
i have a 1/350 HMS prince of wales and IJN Yamato on my shelf, still not sure which to start first though
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 489 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 03:44 AM UTC
88 mm Flak 36/37, M41 Walker Bulldog, Graf Zeppelin, USS Arizona, M901 ITV, 5 STG IV's ( I am doing a platoon), Dash 8-40B locomotive, 2 FW190's, Freight depot from DPM. Whew!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 09:45 AM UTC
I was chided a couple of weeks ago for not working on any armor, ( went on a 350 scale ship spree withthe Arizona, Essex, Missouri and KG V) so I went and recently built an M-47 Patton oob and started on a DuKW which kinda satisfys both sides. It is seaborne and Armor. (clever me). Still kinda saving those monster Enterprise and Hornet kits for desert (along with my two King Tigers). Did an inventory today, got over 70 kits in the waiting to be built que (and that ain't including ANY of the dozen or so figure/accessory kits for dioramas). Ahhhhh it's nice to have choices. A car, a plane, a ship, a tank. With my present financial condition, it's grand to have so much. Glad I squirreled when I had the bucks
Bugbrains
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 28 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 10:50 AM UTC
Only one ship model right now...a paper model of the Nowgorod. It's one of those round body ships the Russians were experimenting with before the revolution. Working in paper is a different experience, challenging but fun. I wound up doing an auto-body job on the hull to get a nice surface and the cannons did not come out right so I turned some new ones out of aluminum...still have to instal the trunnions. The rest of the ship seems to be coming together O.K., not looking forward to the railing tho

BB
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 07:08 AM UTC
I have been stuck in Park for the last month. I have made no more progress on my JAG 1/700 USS Nashville, LPD-13. A few resin pieces remaining, then it is onto the PE parts!

My USS Tennessee, Ohio-class nuc-boat is still in the box and the Unsung Sisters campiagn is almost over. Hopefully I can get back to both after I return from annual training.
Cactus911
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 05:26 AM UTC
Dragon's 1:700 Tarawa. It is my second ship model, and I am extremely happy with it. I was able to put away AMS while working on it, which made the construction so much more speedy and fun. I plan on doing a ton more of these things, since they are a nice balance between size and detail and price.

Stephen
 _GOTOTOP