_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Trumpeter Liberty Ship
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 12:47 AM UTC
I just saw that Great Models is taking pre-orders for Trumpeter's 1/350 Liberty Ship SS Jeremiah O'Brian. List price is $45.95, pre-order is $36.75. If you go to their home page, Great Models there is a link to Trumpeter Photos that shows the ordering info and details from the kit.

Scunge
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 03:47 AM UTC
You see the pictures of the nimitz? Too bad I will probaby have to wait to cristmass if I ever get to build it becuase I already have 4 models on my bench and I dont really have that much time to work on them. Not to mention Im not even home now so I wont be able to get back to work until the end of the month. Yikes!! 962 pieces, that thing will take forever.

The liberty ship would be a cool build too just becuase there so many of them. Not to mention trumpeter is also releasing that russian carrier. Im starting to like those guys a lot, though I have never actually built anything by them. Not yet at least.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 10:19 AM UTC
I've built their Essex and have the Hornet. Their stuff is 1st rate. Plan to buy the Nimitz upon it's release. I'll get the Liberty later. Probably pick one up on Ebay in the future for the same range of price as the pre-order.
 _GOTOTOP