_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
looks like I'm going submarine-ing
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 06:20 PM UTC
decided to order that 72nd scale Type VII C. Found it for less than $40 While researching, I had an interest in doing some others. Good old squadron shop has a Polish company (Mirage) that makes a whole series in 400 scale. Next thing you know I've 8 of those on order too. I'm supposed to build tanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 09:08 PM UTC
A change of pace is good for the soul.
A change in modelling subjects rounds out a modeller, and enhances the modelling experence.
Well, at least from my experence that has proven to be true.
Enjoy your ship building.
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,339 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 09:50 PM UTC
blaster, im sure you've already got this site.. but here it is again. lots of good reference stuff here
u-boat
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 04:58 AM UTC
actually , I didn't my references were the two Squadron signal books Kreigsmarine and U-Boats in Action. Unlike most people, I search my own referenes first before going to web. Thanks for the site. I don't plan anything special with these kits, just wanted a Type set. Paid on average (with Tax and Shipping) a tad under $8 a peice for these kits. They hd PE sets that in some cases cost up to $5 more than the kit. Think I'll pass on those
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 06:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

decided to order that 72nd scale Type VII C. Found it for less than $40 While researching, I had an interest in doing some others. Good old squadron shop has a Polish company (Mirage) that makes a whole series in 400 scale. Next thing you know I've 8 of those on order too. I'm supposed to build tanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, Ya never know what interest bugs going to bite next Steve ! I am supposed to be building ships, but I have been a lot more interested in building tanks for the last few months!
One never knows , do they?

Cheers,

Garry
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 07:59 PM UTC
That's what I love about modeling Garry. There is always something new and untried out there, you just have to be flexible. Now those shermanaholic fellas................ not too sure about them
 _GOTOTOP