_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Progress check! what you working on ?
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:16 PM UTC
What salty projects are you working on? Been a little slow on this board lately, so I figured that you all are busy building!
I have two projects that I have on the back burner. A Tamiya 1/350 Yamato about 80% finished , and a Tamiya 1/350 Fletcher destroyer that I am building as the USS Jenkins, that is about 35% finished. I got side tracked by other Campainges, plus I now am hooked on the dark side(Armor). But I will be back at the floaty bench before long. I'm still a salty dog you know!
So what kind of progress are you making on your builds ? And what are they ?

Cheers mates!

Garry
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 07:44 AM UTC
Just finishing up my Henscel King Tiger. Gonna put second spray of flat over her, then "test for leaks". After that, well my "mini-sub" collection arrived today. 8 400 scale U-boats. Down and dirty's gonna check and see what 350 scale railings do to spice them up a bit otherwise will order 400 scale sheet. Once the dust settles, I should be able to assemble one a day and as paint schemes for U-boats were pretty much the same, should take about 2 weeks for this project....just in time for the Arlington show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Themage
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 44 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 03:46 AM UTC
For warships i am working on 72nd scale revell pt 109 boat , my first ship so i got to get the weathering right :>
 _GOTOTOP