_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
started my U-boat kits
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 09:57 AM UTC
Started 2 of those little U-boat kits last night. Hey, for the price these kits are really great. Working on a VIIc and a IXb. Figure to use some leftover PE pieces from all the 350 scale ships I've built. Got some ladder pieces that'll wrap around those tiergartens beautifully and 20mm gunshields to substitute. Hey, if you want to have a small type collection of U-boats, then these little fellas are a sure bet
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 12:08 PM UTC
I never have built there Uboats Steve, but if they are as good as there Polish Destroyers in 1/400 scale then they are indeed good! There DD's are little gems! How is the detail on there uboats ? LOL, sounds like your having fun!

Garry
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 04:29 PM UTC
Garry: I was pleasantly surprized at the detail. The only thing I've added is by taking the 4 strip railing and cutting it down to three and wrapping the tiergarden. I'm not worried about perfection, just dress it up a bit. It looks good as long as you don't look real close....it's real hard to bend them absolutely perfectly. I'v got my pics posted on my King Tiger build...I'm real proud of that one...take a peak in the Armor section under King Tiger Henschel
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 08:54 PM UTC
Hey I saw your King Tiger build as I was brousing last night, and you have a right to be proud of it! Dang fine job there Steve! Your painting and weathering on that are supurb! Congrats amigo.

Garry
 _GOTOTOP