_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
shock and awe
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 11:28 AM UTC
Shock in that I received notification yesterday that it shipped and today being Saturday but my Revell U-boat showed up. Awe when I opened up the kit and looked at it and then the directions; all the variations! Has anybody put this thing together using the modelbrass set of PE? Do you have to do anything to the deck pieces or do you just totally replace them with the brass ones? I figure several weeks to hollow out all the drain holes
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 10:19 PM UTC
Check my build there the is a link about 3/4 the way down to a site with a good build article of the Modelbrass PE.

http://www.salt6.com/u_boot.htm
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 05:02 AM UTC
I've seen it, it doesn't answer my question. Do I have to modify deck pieces or is the brass a replacement?
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 06:02 AM UTC
The PE is meant to replace all (4) the plastic deck parts. As with all PE you will probably have to make some adjustments. I've got as far as the coning tower and it's a drop in. I suspect the deck will need to be shimmed as the PE is no where as thick as the plastic part it's meant to replace. You will also need to remove the hatches from the plastic decks to use on the PE.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 07:07 AM UTC
Out standing! I 've been debating whether or not to go with PE brass deck or get that Nautilas wood deck stuff. Guy who bought that is going to send me some pics. Probably go with PE set though as it does so much more than deck. Thanks loads for your response
 _GOTOTOP