_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
  New Warship Aftermarket Release From Eduard
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Model Shipwrights: 171 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2004 - 11:51 PM UTC
Just posted - News of Eduard''s new Aftermarket release for the Revell 1/72nd Scale U-Boat. The full story (including a number of photos) can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 02:58 AM UTC
This looks like a great set. I think it competes a bit to much with the modelbrass set, but I see some different pieces. I would recomment this one to someone who is not going to drill out all the little holes in the sides. Hey...if you have this set and aren't going to use it, I would be happy to take it off your hands and augment my Model Brass set.
warvos
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 350 posts
Model Shipwrights: 142 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 03:39 AM UTC
I finally received my revell 1/72 u-boat kit after having to wait 4 months due to out of stock. It's the first time I want to use aftermarket PE, and I was wondering which ones to buy, the Eduard or modelbrass set.
The eduard set has some nice extra details, but the modelbrass set has a full deck, which I'm not sure the eduard has.
Can anyone recommend or advice me ?

thanks
Warvos
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 02:24 PM UTC
warvos....there is a tremendous amount of work involved with the modelbrass set. You have to cut out sections of the hull and replace them with brass strips. The model brass set has no directions, but there are some pictures on the web which shows what they look like installed. Check out salt 6's build and you can see. You replace the entire deck with the model brass set, it looks like only some of the deck is replaced with the Eduard. The kit itself quite honestly is good enough to stand by itself with no PE. Here in the States, it looks like the price is about the same. You might be able to get the Eduard set cheaper and the Modelbrass will probably be more expensive. In all honesty if I had not bought the modelbrass,already I still would have chosen it over Eduard. I think the drilled out water sluices are just too impressiveto me.
 _GOTOTOP