_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
mid-progress on 72nd uboat
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 06:57 AM UTC
Well, I have decided about halfway through this kit that I wish I had just gone OOB. There re quite a few hassles invlved with the brass set which is causing me to use a lot of gap filling superglue to fix some of the gaps. Have decided to use some small sections of the original plastic decking for support pieces, and I think what I cut off i'll install a bit lower to give the appearance of a pressure hull. Kit is shaping up and once I get through all the diving planes and propeller shafts and mounts I'll probably decide to like what I've done with it, but looking at the basic kit I think I would tell someone to go OOB as I think then it would be just an absolute joy to construct.....correct me if I am wrong Garry
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 11:06 AM UTC
Yes indeed Steve, the RG 1/72 VIIC U-boat is a joy to build OOB. It is a well engineared kit! I just chose to build it OOB and try to use my painting to detail it out the best I could. Of course I could'nt have afforded all the AM stuff anyway. But I am a OOB builder! Im sure your boat will turn out awesome my friend!

Cheers,

Garry
 _GOTOTOP