_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Pic's of built Trumpeter Lexington.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 01:41 PM UTC
Here is a link to the Trumpeter website. Scroll to the bottom of the page to view pictures of a built 1/350 USS Lexington! Looks like a beauty to me!

Click here and enjoy!

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 11:28 AM UTC
Once again Trumpeter has taken us out of the pre-Pearl Harbor opportunities. The beautiful 8" gun turrets are missing, and once again we have to go with a blue deck instead of natural wood one. Lets hope someone will come up with some aftermarket parts to convert with a reasonable price unlike Nautalis's $70 Yorktown /Enterprise conversion piece
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 03:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Once again Trumpeter has taken us out of the pre-Pearl Harbor opportunities. The beautiful 8" gun turrets are missing, and once again we have to go with a blue deck instead of natural wood one. Lets hope someone will come up with some aftermarket parts to convert with a reasonable price unlike Nautalis's $70 Yorktown /Enterprise conversion piece

Howdy Steve!
I would have loved to see a early Lex also, that would realy be sweat! But as the way it is, I am realy thankful to Trumpeter for giving us a Lexington in 1/350 scale! Years ago I build the old Fujimi 1/700 kit. And I have always hoped that some one would bring one out in 1/350 scale. The Lex and Sara are my favorite WW-2 carriers. Well now we have one ! And I'm tickled pink! Hey bud there is still a chance that Trumpeter will make the Saratoga in her 1930's theme! Lets hope so.

Cheers amigo,

Garry
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
Model Shipwrights: 278 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 04:39 PM UTC
Steve,

You're not the only modeler wishing for a '30's Lex. I'm sure their'll be conversions done by High quality aftermarket folks. I too woul;d like to do the enterprise from Trumpeter's Hornet. But since it's not on top of my list I'll wait for a better conversion than Nautilus' to come along or I'll do it myself. Go 'head and buy the Lex when it comes out. You'll be supporting a manufacturer that's putting out new 1/350 subjects and I guarantee you'll have that backdate and tons of P.E. within 4 months of the kit hitting the hobbystore floors. (Yankee Modelworks has the conversion for their 1/350 resin kit. Don't you think it'll work for the plastic?; )
http://www.yankeemodelworks.com/CV2.htm

Planes will be following soon after I'm sure.......Mike T
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 03:30 PM UTC
While we haven't seen the Sara yet, the strong speculation is she will be late war after the torpedo bulges and extensive AA was added. I agree that there will be aftermarket to convert, my concern is will they cost prohiitive....nothing like buying a n 80 dollar model and then spending another $120 on PE and a conversion kit. Sure I'll buy a Sara / Lady Lex for my collection as it is a beauty, I just want so bad to do a natural deck and paint the aircraft that glorious silver or blue with the yellow wings. I think I'll pop on over to the modelwarship channel adn ask the experts over there what they can tell me about a conversion. I know they were horrified at the thought of just painting the Hornet like the Yorktown
 _GOTOTOP