_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Great news for Tamiya KGV builders!
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 04:47 AM UTC
Tamiya make the beautiful 1/350 King GeorgeV and Prince Of Wales kits. But there were 3 other sister ships in the KGV class. The HMS Duke of York, Anson, and the Howe. These ships all have differences to where one just could not build a KGV or a POW and rename it the Anson!
Well now Steve Larsen has a resin conversion kit out soon that will let you build any ship in this class!
I for one am excited about this conversion kit. I have always wanted to build the other ships in this class!
Here is a link to Steves website:

Click here!

Cheers,

Garry
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 08:07 AM UTC
I did the KGV for the unsung sisters campaign and just called it the Anson. I think I'll stay with that, too many new kits coming out in this scale to have to build multiple kits with some variations. I might do a NJ because it is radically different from the MIghty MO. Other than that , the differences are not to great to justify getting a Musashi, POW, and Tirpitz. Besides the NC, Bama, and Hood are projected for this year and next years releases
Puma112
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
Model Shipwrights: 15 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 08:18 AM UTC
Wish he would do this on 700 scale, and right before the dreadnaught build so we could all use these new things on our entries. Oh Well. Maybe he will read this as my email will not get to him (Have I told you all I hate computers!!)
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 08:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wish he would do this on 700 scale, and right before the dreadnaught build so we could all use these new things on our entries. Oh Well. Maybe he will read this as my email will not get to him (Have I told you all I hate computers!!)

Steve was saying that if he heard from enough modelers that wanted a 1/700 set , that he would make a 1/700 conversion set to! Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Garry
Hoovie
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 104 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 12:18 AM UTC
great site!
Also like that Montana idea!!
Ron
 _GOTOTOP