_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Lexington is tied up at dock
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 07:03 AM UTC
In case any of you missed it, the Lexington has been released. Great Models has them, and I even found one on ebay for $80 (not shipped from China either !) Read the response on the Modelwarship web and as usual 2/3 of the guys are already nitpicking it to death. man are they a bunch of crybaby rivet counters over there. Plan to pick one up next month when my credit card gets caught up...lord this month wth the WEM upper Bismarck set, and the GMM Nimitz set, extra planes for the Nimitz and the M-54cab conversion and Panzer lll from dragon....I don't think I really "NEED" the Lexington at this time, but my fingers are itching and with the 48th scale Vigilante out as well...LORD KEEP ME AWAY FROM E_BAY
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 07:11 AM UTC
Thanks Steve for the info.... I can ID with the crdit cards too....
Mine cried for mercy .... over did it a little this month also....
Maybe I should build more and buy less...... :-) :-) :-) :-) .
Elad
Visit this Community
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
KitMaker: 458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 07:33 AM UTC

M-54 cab??? new DML Pz.III?
could you please fill me up on these, they are on great intrest to me.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 10:10 AM UTC
The m-54 cab is a conversion kit for the Italerie 925 5 ton truck. It is by Fine MOdels and I think sprue Bros is the only gus that might have it. They had 3 last week and Tom Hathaway and I each got 1. The Panzer lll I got is not a "new" kit...Box says 1996 on it ...it's the "H" version....got it from Roll MOdels

Went down to LHS and asked about Lexington, the new Dragon 3 in 1 Tiger and the Vigilanti. The guy didn't have a clue what I was asking. and you wonder why I shop on line.... ever since Phil's closed there is nothing...I go to buy paint only but the three in my area are definitely RC oriented and their model selection lags a bit
allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 942 posts
Model Shipwrights: 278 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 10:27 AM UTC
If you go to the General Modelling forum and open "YOU GOT TO CHECK THIS OUT" by SALT6.
Follow the link and look at the SUB AGROUND photos.
Tom
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 09:17 AM UTC
I'm sorry Alleycat but ??????????????????????

Did you get mixed up on threads...this one is about the release of a new model aircraft carriers
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2005 - 05:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The m-54 cab is a conversion kit for the Italerie 925 5 ton truck. It is by Fine MOdels and I think sprue Bros is the only gus that might have it. They had 3 last week and Tom Hathaway and I each got 1.

Actually it's the Real Model kit, and despite Steve's and my "disappointment" with the "directions" I think the kit is pretty good. For a vehicle that nobody makes as a "standard" kit, there sure does seem to be a lot of interest! I'm looking forward to eventually doing the M925 "retro conversion".

(If I can ever wade through the OTHER stuff I've got on the plate!)

PROMISE: As soon as I get my taxes finished in the next week or so, I'm GOING to start on my DDD entries!

Tom
 _GOTOTOP