_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
My DDD submission
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 06:42 AM UTC
It is finally done ! I have completed my Revell 72nd scale Uboat ! I just cannot figure out how to add pictures to my posts, so if someone will be so kind as to do that. PLease note that unlike the rest of you, mine has "little people" to help run the boat. :-)

Took me 2 and a half months to do this beauty and I cursed a lot dealing with that Modelbrass deck set, but as expected when done she would look magnificent. I wish I could get a picture that would really show her from above. The homemade pressure hull looks good through the spaces in the metal deck, All I did for that was take the original plastic deck pieces trim them to fit and place them about a half inch below the metal ones. She looks pretty goo sitting on my 19" monitor, so that is here new home
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 06:51 AM UTC
Ahoy Steve!!

So you finnaly did it!! Great!!
I am looking forward to see the pics, so here is the procedure:
- First you have to upload the pictures to your gallery
be sure to have the correct specs:
- Jpg or Gif
- Size limit
Then you have to name the picture (it could be different from the original file), and can add comments.
- After all the pics are uploaded, then you have to go to your gallery and copy the info stated in that "weird" text box, you even have a copy button...
- Have two browser windows open: one with the post and the other with the gallery. Just copy and paste, copy and paste, and then just hit the Submit button on the post window

Ufff and this is it!

Skipper
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 06:51 AM UTC
Steve,
From what I can see in the one picture in your gallery, you did a really nice job. Thanks for being a part of this campaign. You still have time for another one!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 07:00 AM UTC
Skipper. I have tried that, but after I hit copy on the picture, I can't figure out how to get back. I'm going to try something here, if it works then Yippie ki yo if not..could someone do it for me, the pic is in gallery

by gum !!!! IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 07:06 AM UTC
Well Mate...

You have done it - I can see the pic!!
Now you just have to upload more pics
Including the "Little People"

I have only one comment to make, Steve, the cables should be tense... appart from that it looks good!

(more pics more pics )

Skipper
warvos
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 350 posts
Model Shipwrights: 142 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 07:27 AM UTC
Looks very good Steve!!!
Can't wait to see a lot more close up pics of your u552 -beast and the modelbrass deck!!

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 09:30 AM UTC
I used the guitar string method for the cables. I think there should be some sag in the wires, and the picture exagerates it more than was there, but you are right. There was to much sag in it this. It was due to the strings temselves which are rolled up for storage and this puts a permanent bend in them. Should have used the kit provided string, except....it looks like string all fuzzy on the model and the guitar wire is thinner and more realistic looking. The figures are the CMK ones and there are only two colors on each of them...... a semigloss black and flesh so they are not worthy of a closeup, they just add a little character to the boat
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 01:25 PM UTC
Looks awesome Steve ! Looks like you used the same colors that I did. Now like others have said, we need more pic's to devour!
About posting your pics, this may take time but it works! After you post your pics in your gallery , snag one by clicking the copy button. Then go to your forum and start your post. Paist your pic, then hit submit.
Now go back to your gallery and snag another pic and go to your post and click Edit! Then you can post another pic. This takes time but its fool proof and you wont loose anything!

Good job Steve!

Garry
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2005 - 04:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I used the guitar string method for the cables. It was due to the strings temselves which are rolled up for storage and this puts a permanent bend in them.

Actually, you should be able to take that bend out of the strings. Once installed on an instrument and tuned, the tension will cause the string to become "straight" after a couple of days. It's easiest to do this on a guitar if you have one since that's exactly what they're designed to do, but if you have something else that can put that kind of tension on the string, it will eventually straighten right out.

Tom
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2005 - 04:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

After you post your pics in your gallery , snag one by clicking the copy button. Then go to your forum and start your post. Paist your pic, then hit submit.
Now go back to your gallery and snag another pic and go to your post and click Edit! Then you can post another pic. This takes time but its fool proof and you wont loose anything!

Garry

Another technique which will work a bit faster is to copy the first picture as Garry described, and rather than paste it just once, you can paste the picture multiple times, then simply edit the "number" of the picture in the file name. You have to write down the ones you want to copy, and as Garry says it isn't foolproof, but it does keep you from having to go back and actually copying the next file each time.

Tom
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2005 - 07:59 AM UTC
I guess you could say I've got a guitar...a Kalamazoo Fender Stratocaster made in late 75 or early 76. The only problem is, you loose a foot or so of the string after you wrap it around the machinehead. I've taken a string unrolled it and hung it up with weight s attached to it. I'll take a cigarette lighter and run it up and down the wire figuringing the tension and the heat will straighten it out. Need to go buy some plasticstruct so I'll run by the music store and pick up a couple of ultralight E'sand B's

I'll take some more pictures later and post them as you guys are all hasseling me so much :-)
 _GOTOTOP