_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
one more pic of my u-boat
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2005 - 04:51 PM UTC
Allright, here is a coser in photo of conning tower with my little people. They are from CMK and most sets feature 3 figures for around 7 bucks. They are resin and pretty easy to deal with. I didn't detail paint them, if you are really good at figures it should be a breeze. I like them as they add a little bit of life to my boat.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2005 - 05:33 PM UTC
Steve I was going to post your pic up for you but I could not find it in your gallery.

Garry
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 08:14 AM UTC
uh- oh I erased it from my gallery after I posted it, and it erased it from my posting.....I guess I better put it back ...hunh
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 - 12:59 AM UTC
Hi Steve...

They look a little bit out of focus
But it really shows the dimension of this "little" beauty!!

Just another tip:
After you post one of the pics on the Forum, you can not delete it from your gallery, because you only paste the link that will allow showing the pic in the middle of the discussion...
If you delete it, it only show a white square with a red X

Skipper
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 - 12:06 PM UTC
That is why I am never a real big fan of the digital. You have to look at the little picture screen and when you are holding the damned thing a foot or two in front of you....it doesn't come out too well. You oughta see what I can do with my SLR with closeup lenses.
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 09:09 AM UTC
Steve, a couple of suggestions on the photo. First make sure that you are using the "macro" setting on the camera. Just like your 35mm, standard settings aren't good for this sort of shot. I don't know if it's an ISO standard, but on my camera the icon for macro is a flower.

The other trick is to try and avoid a shot with subject going from the foreground to the background. The camera in that mode has a limited depth of field and may have a tough time deciding which spot on your subject to select to focus on. I find that shots that are more straight on to the camera do better.

Tom
 _GOTOTOP