_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
IMEX Kits
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 02:54 AM UTC
Anyone build one? It's not a warship, but I'd seen a kit of a cargo ship that I was tempted to buy, but chose not to in case it was a dog. However, given the obscure nature of the subject I thought about going back and buying it, but thought I would ask around about the quality first. I have some of the other IMEX offerings, such as the medieval knight series which were ok, but a ship is another story.

So, has anyone purchased one and are they worth the money?
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 03:25 AM UTC
Ahoy Steve!

Building a target? :-)
I never bought one, but one of my club members have all three (if I am not mistaken - Cargo, Container and Gas) and he took one of them to one of our Annual Expo's. It is a fair model with a relatively good quality (I never saw it still in the sprues, so I can not say the amount of work needed - but the end result was good!).

Skipper

EDIT: there are not three, but four models:
http://www.imex-model.com/models1new.htm
and he had built the Toyama!
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 03:45 AM UTC
Hey Skipper,

I think it was the Toyama or the Bahrania cargo ship that I'd seen. Yeah, I think I'd like to build some targets. I've been eyeing the 1/350th Edmund Fitzgerald that I believe is offered by Iron Shipwrights. It's a serious chunk of change, but I've been wanting one for over 15 years.

Thanks for the information Skip!

garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 04:07 AM UTC
Hey Steve, what about Trumpeters 1/350 Jeremiah O'Brien cargo ship? I hear its a dandy and affordable!

Ahoy!

Garry
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 04:59 AM UTC
In fact, I have been thinking of the O'Brien. What's a WWII collection without a Liberty Ship..right?

( I had to come back and edit...I called it the Johnson..not the O'Brien...I guess I was thinking of the mountain man movie... )
 _GOTOTOP