_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
camapigns update
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 11:13 AM UTC
Garry has been honored by having the Flattop campagn named for him. I am pleased to report that Staff Jim has taken over leadershi[p of this as well as the Dreadnaughts. At present there are 20 particiapants signed up for the Flattops and 32 for the Dreadnaught. That is most gratifying. Especially since they both are still months away from kick off. I want to encourage all of you to complete your projects for the DIVE DIVE DIVE. I am finishing up 2 more of the 1/400 Mirage U-boats...one of which is a Type VIIc (early) to go alongside my 72nd scale version. I still need to paint them.
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 09:26 PM UTC
I saw the renamed campaign, that's great! We'll make it a great campaign!

Working hard on DDD....I have the 1:72 revell u-boat......I was talking with Garry about my progress the day he died......it's very strange that I have been talking with him about this a few hours before it happened. Well he liked the progress, and I'll try to finish it as nice as I can! I do need an airbrush for that but I think I'll have my replacement part I need in time (and otherwise I'll just have to borrow one somewhere)

Although I do not believe in heaven or something like that I hope you can somehow see the finished submarines, dreadnaughts and flattops Garry!

Martin
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 07:02 AM UTC
Nice banner Martin! A great tribute to a great guy!

With all due respect, I pray someday you change your mind about heaven...
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 10:22 AM UTC
Martinn, I too like your banner honoring Garry, how would I be able to add it to my block as I want to always remember him.
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 12:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice banner Martin! A great tribute to a great guy!

With all due respect, I pray someday you change your mind about heaven...

Well I used to believe in God, I was raised by my parents with that believe/faith, but I found out I'm more someone who believes in facts rather than in something of which you can not tell whether it has really happened. I respect everyones religion or believe, and I like people to respect my choise as well. Everyone should believe what he or she wants (and that the nice thing about living in a free country)

But I think we're going a little bit here mate :-)

Quoted Text

Martinn, I too like your banner honoring Garry, how would I be able to add it to my block as I want to always remember him.

I think you already have the banner in your sig if you mean that (if not, what's your block?)
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 12:20 AM UTC
Martinn, i would like if you leave that banner on that adress for a year, so all who want can use it in that time.

i joined the campaign flattops and that will be my first try on ships, i hope ill manage to build it decent enuff

Mirko
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 547 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 05:18 AM UTC
I am done building my U-99 boat for the campaign, just have to paint it. After hearing about Garry I'm making it a point to finish it on time. I also signed up for the other campaigns he was pushing for.
BTW-- how would I add the banner honoring Garry?

Sean
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 05:28 AM UTC
Hello Sean!

It was a great loss Mate!!!

To use the Garry Beebe banner:
Go to "My Account + Change Password and/or Settings" and in the "URL for Signature Image:
" just paste this line:
http://home.planet.nl/~noorl087/images/buttons/garryscampaigns.jpg

Glad that you're almost done with your U-99, please keep us updated on your progress!

Some pics?

Skipper
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 06:46 AM UTC
I've been tied up doing other stuff lately and am embarrassed to admit that I haven't started my DDD entries yet. But I'm "clearing the decks" so to speak and am going to get at least one of my LA Class boats done.

Can't wait to get started on my Missouri later this year.

Tom
 _GOTOTOP