_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
KG V camoflage
allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 942 posts
Model Shipwrights: 278 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 06:02 AM UTC
Hi All,
I'm thinking of re-painting my Tamiya 1/350 KG V. It's quite old now and I've learned some new techniques since it was built.
What I'd like to know about is an easy way to repaint the camo.
I've some good references but was wondering the best was (masking tape or bluetack etc.) How to keep the camo off the decks when they need to be there to get the 'lines' of camo to match.
Any help will be APPRECIATED.
thanks in advance
Tom
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 09:38 AM UTC
I have never done this, but the way I would do it

I like that blue painters tape. It sticks well and then doesn't pull off what you've painted. I would use as much tape to cover everything you don't wnt repainted. For tight little areas on the deck I would get some silly putty...that's what we call it in the states..I don't even know if it isstill made, but it is low tack and is very soft to fit in all those little tight spots. I would get a sideview color drawing and get it blown up to the same size or bigger so you can more easily see the demarkation lines of your cammo area (I'v got 4 foot long posters of the Bismarck for when I do it for the Dreadnaught campaign. Wish you luck the only advice would be "measure twice---cut once" or before you spray make sure it is how you want it.
 _GOTOTOP