_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Nimitz finally on the quay
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 11:35 AM UTC
Spent the last 2 weeks building up the airwing. All aircraft still need landing gear and canopies, but I figure what i'm going to do is tape all the little buggers onto a long strip of tape and spray them with the Navy light grey color then go back and add canopies, whiten the bellies and add landing gear. I have 18 F-4's, 12 A-7's, 9 A-6's and the other dozen of mixed. But, I have actually got the ship itself started. MOunted all the metal support strips and cut off the retaining plastic and added the extension piece. Man am I juiced. This is going to be one super project. I might have it done in time to start the Dreadnaught, but with all the time for that project I don't see a hangupwith getting those done in time to launch either the Lex or the Hornet..
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 10:24 PM UTC
Hi Steve!

You are getting busy there
Pictures, so we can get a little tast of it?

Keep up the good work

Skipper
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 07:04 AM UTC
I very rarely post in progress photos, or even take them for that matter. I am too busy having fun with my build, that and limited space in my gallery to post completed photos of past and future "masters" I don't want to tie up meory with partially completed stuff. I'll post occasional updates on my progress though, right now I'm in the second step and have started adding a little PE as I go to simplify the build progress.
 _GOTOTOP