_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Italeri Landing craft
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 07:05 AM UTC

Hi all

Just opened my Italeri landing craft reall looking forward to getting stuck in ,however found that one 50.cal sheilds were broken in half,not a very happy puppy however life must go on.
I was wondering if there were any after market sheilds guns that would go with this kit.
I was intending to do the landing craft that my father landed in and strangly enough when i spoke to him on the phone he told me as they were going in on D-day the one gun including the navel rating using it were hit and were just gone just the part of the mount where the gun was and quite a bit of damage to the side hull and wheel house,iits bloody strange that my kit would have that perticular part damaged and only that..spooky eh.
Cheers Chris
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 10:31 AM UTC
That is stranger than fiction. HOw is the overall quality of the kit? I am assumng you are talking about the LCVP and not the LSM. I have heard nothing but praise for the LCM the LCVP is new and no one has trashed it that I've heard about. Would love to hear that dragon is releasing LCVP infantry sets to display in them. Be cool if they would make 4 sets of 6 figures. You could use them for both the LCVP and LSM kits.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 10:40 PM UTC
Hi Chris!

Are talking about the LCM, right? (The LCVP have no 50cal shield...)
If you can get any LVT shield (from Italeri, or PE) you can replacethe broken shield... Or you can try to repair it, or using it as a template to scratch a new one (cheaper options).

Please keep us updated on your work!
I bet your father will ne pleased with the gift

Skipper
 _GOTOTOP