_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
I'm juiced
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 10:51 AM UTC
Went to my Arlington show today and it was really a joke. But....someone had done a back-dated Lexington for it, so you know I was all over it. Really really fine kit and good work. Can't wait to start mine, but she's my flat-top campaign entry so .......................................until December.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 11:08 PM UTC
Hi Steve!

Did you take any pictures?
(Hint hint) :-)

Keep it cool, we are almost there

Skipper
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 06:31 AM UTC
I took tons of pictures.....but they were with my regular camera I use close up lenes for super detail shots and the like. Problem (for me) is the show had so little to offer that I did not even shoot a full roll of film. If I had entered the German tank category with my KIng Tiger I could have easily won First place. The Lex won second....got beaten out by one of those gigantic russian subs. That's what I hate about model shows. They lump stuff together in categories. Not to insult submariners, but that kit maybe has 100 to 150 parts. The Lexington kit has close to 1000 plus he scratched all the planes. He had no seam lines in the decks, no flaws I could see on either kit . The only place where there was fierce competition wasin the diorama area. Our own Keith Magee took home a first second and two thirds. he guy that beat Keith for first in the Armor category also won Best in show and Peoples choice award. Keith and I might have talked him into joining armorama aas he plans to sell this exquisite diorama. I'm trying to get the three of use together to produce one. His forte is figures, Keiths is groundwork and me on vehicles
 _GOTOTOP