_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
trumpeter kuznetsov?
GenPatton
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 08:08 AM UTC
i was building my 1/350 kuznetsov model the other day, while home to make sure the contractor working to finish my basement was doing his job , and I was working on the coffee table by the back door of our house. i went downstairs to grab some super glue debonder, and this guy comes in with a 9foot long piece of metal tubing for a plumbing job in the basement and while trying to manuever through the back door, his pipe crashes into the into the foward section of the hull....therefore causing the whole ship to go with it....i hear the crash from downstairs, and i already know what has happened...my mistake for leaving this huge model sitting in the open with this head working here.

so now the bridge of the ship looks like it got hit by anti-ship missiles and the antennas and radars look like a mess of spaghetti....not good

i was wondering if someone here had spare parts or already built sections from a kit that they are using for spares....that they could spare for me? i am mostly looking for bridge pieces and several flight deck parts, mainly small antennas and yardarms, etc. i know that most of this stuff can be replaced with photoetch and sheet/stip styrene, but some kit parts would be helpful....

thank you so much,

Anthony Wan
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 08:39 AM UTC
So sorry to hear of your loss, but the likelyhood of someone having a spare parts on this $150 kit is a real far fetched idea. See what you can salvage and then maybe order the sprue tree to replace unfixable parts from Trumpeter. or Steven's iinternational who I think might be the importer
GenPatton
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 08:43 AM UTC
do they cell spare sprue trees because that would be a lifesaver....

and i see what your point is about the 150 buck kit, because this is the first reply i've gotten in two days worth of trying.

thanx for your advice
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Model Shipwrights: 36 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 12:57 PM UTC
Yes, I would contact Steven's International first to see where to go from there to get replacement parts.

You will probably have better luck posting on a warship site to find the hardcore guys who would replace all those parts. Try

Model Warships

or

steel navy
GenPatton
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 07:50 AM UTC
thanks a bunch
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 10:25 AM UTC
Depending upon what is broken you could get a photo etched set using that and some stretched sprue replace antenna quite easily. I was thinking if the major pieces of the bridge and deck were smashed look to getting the tree to replace those parts. See if some of those are only damaged and you might be able to go out and buy some thin .010 sheet styrene and fix them.
 _GOTOTOP