_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
New 1/350 USS North Carolina Photoetch Set
Armorman
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 28 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 05:20 AM UTC

Check out the new photoetch set for Trumpeter's 1/350 USS North Carolina.(pics below)

The price is only $72 at www.aaamodel.net plus free shipping

*In order to get the discount you must place the item in the cart. They are
currently giving a 25% discount for this set.

LS350001 1/350 USS North Carolina BB-55 for Trumpeter

· Include 17 sheets of quality relief photoetch, 9 alloy 16 inch barrels, 20 alloy 5 in
gun barrels, realistic 1/350 anchor chain, and four 1/350 propellers, and metal
marine chronometers

· Complete set of accurately researched 1/350 guard railings and superstructure railings

· Individual photoetch upgrade for all secondary guns even includes panel armor for the machine guns

· Completely recreated rear aircraft launchers with immense details

· Tons of additional details like realistic cranes, doors, ladders, stairs, etc...

· Clear instructions with illustrations for a perfect finish

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 05:59 AM UTC
Thanks George!

When you have more news like this, please redirect them to our news editor - so that they are placed in a proper way in the proper place

Thank you again for the news on what appear to be a great set!

Skipper

EDIT: Can you give us more info?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 07:32 AM UTC
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This one has everything in it includig the kitchen sink. I think this is a package. Probably Steve Nuttals barrels with the White Ensign PE set and the propellers. Cost is $96....You can buy the model kit right now on sale at Squadron for $80.
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Model Shipwrights: 134 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 01:02 PM UTC
will let you know, I ordered it last night ...

John
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 03:47 PM UTC
Howdy armorman,

Many thx for the heads up on the PE set....I was thinking of picking this kit up {to at least fill the gap left by the 'California' no joy...} but thought I read somewhere that the fit is troublesome....any input from the gallery?......again, the PE set looks superb from the photos you provided

Tread.
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Model Shipwrights: 134 posts
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2005 - 01:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Howdy armorman,

Many thx for the heads up on the PE set....I was thinking of picking this kit up {to at least fill the gap left by the 'California' no joy...} but thought I read somewhere that the fit is troublesome....any input from the gallery?......again, the PE set looks superb from the photos you provided

Tread.

Check the Dreadnought thread for my (couple) posts and my Gallery -- the upper & lower hull don't fit right & once I corrected that, I had issues getting deck into hull, and there is fit issue between the 3 deck sections.

I'm doing the clean-up on that now ...

John
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2005 - 08:03 PM UTC
I've read John's comments and his problems echoed by a few others. I think the upper hull is a tad to wide to fit in the lower hull without some force application, or in Johns case he simply cut the cross members to facilitate. This arrrangement then showed up in a smooth deck placement which is always a problem for these large scale 3 piece deck kits. I have yet to do one that hasn't left a noticable joining seam and other than those who chose to plank their decks with the real wood strips have seen very very few people hide the seam. I did achieve some pretty good results with my Nimitz and what did show I could disguise by a judicious aircraft placement. Haven't got the NC yet, but figure if my finances improve and dragon hold off on putting out such super duper kits for 6 months (other than Shermans...you guys can have all of those you want) I might be abe to get budget in line to purchase unless I can convince family agai to pick it up for me...last yar they got me the Nimitz
Hoovie
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 104 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 11:12 PM UTC
that set is incredible~~
A must have!
now waiting for ship from Hong Kong~
Ron
ws48
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Model Shipwrights: 15 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 11:48 PM UTC
I bought this set from luckymodel.com for $54.00 and freight was free. Down side is it takes about two weeks to get it.,

Don
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2006 - 03:17 AM UTC
I picked up the NC on some super price cut on ebay ($65). I also pre-ordered the PE set which Great MOdels had for $54. According to UPS, my Pe is due in tomorrow. The ship I've had for 2 months. I hope this takes off, I like getting the whole shebang in one group and all the goodies at the cost of just the main guns from what Steve charges for his stuff.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 05:07 AM UTC
My set came in today. All I can say is this is the Rolls Royce of PE sets. It has 5 pages of instructions which look quite clear and understandable from a cursory look. I would recommend you copy those photos that were posted on the lead off of this thread as they provide large color pictures which shows excellent positioning details. I hope that Lions Roar makes one of these sets for the upcoming Alabama, If not, I may just order another of these as i am sure many of the key itmes like gun tubes, catapults, cranes, props, gun tub details and rails would be applicable
 _GOTOTOP