_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Instructions needed
TinDuck
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 04:34 PM UTC
Hey guys!
Does anyone know where I could get a copy of the instructions for the following 1/700 Tamiya Waterline series ships? I need them for the Rodney as well as the Scharnhorst.
Thanks alot!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 08:48 PM UTC
I don't know if you will get any luck here, but there are 2 additional web-sites I would post your request on. One is steelnavy.com the other modelwarships.com. One of the guys here just did the Rodney so you should get lucky here for that one.
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Model Shipwrights: 35 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 07:52 AM UTC
Mike -

If I remember correctly, "Martinnnn" & "3442" are doing the Tamiya 1/700 waterline "Scharnhorst" and "Andy007" did the Tamiya "HMS Rodney" for the "Dreadnoughts" Campaign. Maybe you could "impose" on them to make a copy of their instructions and send them to you? How about it guys? A great way to welcome in a new member to Armorama, and by the way.....Welcome. Hey "Gunny" maybe we/you could recruit (or would that be "Shanghai") Mike into "Dreadnoughts"?
Check the "Dreadnoughts" Campaign info under the "Campaigns" topic Mike, we'd love to have you.

Blade48mrd
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 08:29 AM UTC
Forgive my manners. I just now saw that was your first post. Let me also welcome you to armorama. By the title you can see we are principally armored fighting vehicle oriented, but there is a small but growing number of us who love ships. through these campaigns as we call them, we are getting more and more folks interested in building ships. The only requirement to the dreadnaught campaign is to build a battleship type ship in the time frame provided . The campaign ends in April, so you still should have time if you enter. We are starting another campaign in January called flattops whcih is to build an aircraft carrier.or an airplane diorama depicting it on the deck of a carrier. Again, welcome to Armorama. Any questions dealing with anything about modeling feel free to post and if you know something and would like to share your knowledge and skills it is also highly welcomed.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 10:22 AM UTC
Do this.

Go to this link. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/plamo/index_e.asp?Bno=&Typ1_c=102

That site has instructions for some, but not all, of the models they sell. The instructions are free.
Find the ships you're interested in, and see if they have a listing "contents." There should be pages listed, 1, 2, 3, etc. If you click on those numbers it will show the instructions. You can save them as an image, then print them out.

Hope that helps.

Welcome aboard.

noublie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 47 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 11:28 AM UTC
If the above suggestions don't work out, I have the Tamiya Scharnhorst in 1/700. PM me your address and I''ll mail you a copy of the instructions.
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 11:41 AM UTC
I believe that I have the instructions for the Rodney. If you pm me, I'll look when I get home and see what I can find.

And welcome to Armorama.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 10:52 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Mike (TinDuck)

I am sure that you'll receive/find the instructions needed
As Steve Joyce said it would be great if you joined Dreadnoughts Campaign and Flattops too - at least give it at thought
If you need to send a PM (Private Message) to any member just click on the button "Message" for the recipient member (if he has posted here) or go to "My Profile" of the member and choose "Private Message".

If you need anything else, please ask!
Once again, Welcome Aboard Armorama's Warship Area

Skipper
 _GOTOTOP