_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Garry Beebe's Dreadnought Campaign Roll-Call
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:06 PM UTC
Won't start working on my 700 scale Combrig HMS Dreadnought until the new year, same goes for the IJN Iwata, also in 700.

Will probably be building them alongside the 350th Hornet, which will be saddled with at least 5 sets of White Ensign P.E. sets,... will do her with a full set of B25's and the Wildcats on the foredeck, should be a fun winter....

Frank
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 05:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well still technologically challeged and seem unable to post pic in the forum. However did manage to put them in the progress album.

Very nice so far!!!! I have a lot of fond memories of this kit. I built mine back in the winter of 1972-1973 while I was stationed in Germany. And then I "rebuilt" it after I got back to the States as it had NOT been properly packed!! (I STILL have the CSS Alabama that I absolutely positively without a doubt plan to build. Someday.)

The Kearsarge has graced the mantle in our house (off and on) for over thirty years. (Sadly, no matter how hard you try, you can't keep all the dust off!)

And as Steve suggested, the fun is just beginning once you start the rigging. I sure hope you're a sailor, because figuring out what each line is supposed to do is a big help in figuring out how to rig it. Knowing the difference between a sheet and a halyard and standing and running rigging sure helps.

We're all here to help if you need it!!

Tom
 _GOTOTOP