_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Is there a model of the month for warships?
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Model Shipwrights: 102 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 09:33 AM UTC
The title says it all. Have seen all these other forums that have a MOM. Just wondering if the subject has been looked into before for here. "Q"
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 05:11 PM UTC
Hi Matthew!
Right now there isn't such a facet here at the Warship Forum, and I don't really know if such an idea has been entertained here...It might help to shoot a PM to the Skipper for a quicker answer, Mate!
Gunny
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 09:39 PM UTC
Shoot....I can't finish a ship model in a month. Of course I only like the big ones. A tank, yea I can do one in a month.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 10:42 PM UTC
Hi all

The reason why I didn't propose a "SOTM" (Ship Of The Month) is because of the complexity of naval models... even with the easy ones as submarines
My point here is, that we don't need more models, we need better models and there is no point in rushing our works.
A good way to push this is some MOD and Features and built reviews. This is IMHO the best way to achieve what I propose to myself and to the group here.

But, if the majority here thinks the other way around, I'll be the first to go forward and propose it.

Skipper
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 11:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all

The reason why I didn't propose a "SOTM" (Ship Of The Month) is because of the complexity of naval models... even with the easy ones as submarines
My point here is, that we don't need more models, we need better models and there is no point in rushing our works.
A good way to push this is some MOD and Features and built reviews. This is IMHO the best way to achieve what I propose to myself and to the group here.

But, if the majority here thinks the other way around, I'll be the first to go forward and propose it.

Skipper

Can't agree with you more, Rui...
Personally, there are many other model subjects that I can finish completion in a months time, while trying to balance the rest of life in general,that is, but a Naval subject (done well) would be pretty much of an impossibility for myself...I too would like to see more of the same types of feature/built reviews in the future...I will soon be working on a full build feature of Italeri Models #6441 LCVP...not a bad looking kit, just got to get going on the project!
Gunny
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Model Shipwrights: 102 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 08:12 PM UTC
May I suggest a SOTQ, (Ship of the Quarter) or is this also not enough time? Just a thought. Thanks. "Q"

ps. Getting moved into the new digs. Some more pics of the U-ber scale U-boat will be on the way to Skipper soon. Thanks to Halfyank for posting the pre-lim pics. Yeah, it's a beast.
 _GOTOTOP