_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Red4's 1/32 U-boat
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 10:26 AM UTC
Just got back from a model club meeting where I got to see Matt's 1/32 scale, yes you read that right 1/32, U-boat in the flesh, or resin. Matt can tell you more in his full build article that will be forthcoming. The thing is HUGE. I'd guess about 5 feet at least. Matt did a great job on her and she was really impressive.

Here is a link to the gallery photos. http://photos.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php?cat=15684

To whett your appetitie here are a couple shots.

Removed by original poster on 10/31/07 - 20:06:17 (GMT).
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 02:34 PM UTC
Really is an excellent job.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 04:53 PM UTC
Hi all

Wait until you read the article
It's a great way of making a feature...

I expect to have it ready for release during January 2006 (it will be a 2 part article)

Rodger,
Are this pics taken with your new camera?
They look great

Skipper
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 10:34 AM UTC
Stunning, simply stunning. Very insparational as well
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 02:23 AM UTC
Looks good and the size is cool of course but the dark grey is a bit too dark and the light grey almost looks like white. Maybe I got it wrong but I think the contrast is a bit high. Could also be a camouflage scheme I don't know yet.

Anyway it is still a nice model, something to be proud of and of course very space consuming lol :-)
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Model Shipwrights: 40 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 02:49 AM UTC
"The thing is HUGE. I'd guess about 5 feet at least. "
In 1/32 scale,the pigboats come out to about 75 inches long.This one by Red 4 is very nice indeed.The gray combo scheme would be ideal for mid-winter Atlantic ops. Thanks for posting this Rodger!
Cheers!
Red4
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Model Shipwrights: 102 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 08:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

..... the dark grey is a bit too dark and the light grey almost looks like white......

The paint scheme is supposed to be white over dark gray. I didn't use white though as I thought it would be too much of a contrast. I used a light gray and panzer gray. Rodger used a flash with his camera so this may have washed out some of it. "Q"
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 08:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"The thing is HUGE. I'd guess about 5 feet at least. "
In 1/32 scale,the pigboats come out to about 75 inches long.This one by Red 4 is very nice indeed.The gray combo scheme would be ideal for mid-winter Atlantic ops. Thanks for posting this Rodger!
Cheers!

It is 6'6" from tip to tip. It also has its own carrying case. I'm trying to get unpacked as fast as I can so I can get the pics in to Skipper. Thanks for all of the kinds words folks. "Q"
MonkeyGun
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 943 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 08:19 AM UTC
One word AWSOME

An amazing piece of craftmanship

Ian
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 08:00 AM UTC
It's beautiful Matt! Winter come early in the Springs? Seems the last time I asked it was still nice and you had Scooter Fever :-) :-)

She's sweet man!

Steve
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's beautiful Matt! Winter come early in the Springs? Seems the last time I asked it was still nice and you had Scooter Fever :-) :-)

She's sweet man!

Steve

Thanks for the kind words. I just got tired of the d*** thing staring at me from across the incredibly tiny room I had to build in, so I decided to get it done and back to its rightful owner asap. I delivered it to him yesterday and he was thrilled to death. I was so relieved to have not destroyed it in the process of traveling the 25 or so miles to get it to him. The custom carrying case greatly helped in that regard. My Scooter's got a flat at the moment so I am without it until I can get the time to take it in to have it fixed. 650lbs of bike with a flat is a bear to move by pushing alone! Hopefully this coming week I can get her taken care of. I shot the pics of the U-ber boat off to Skipper a couple of days ago, so hopefully the build article should go up shortly. Thanks again for the kind words. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP