_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Lexington project laid down
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 03:14 AM UTC
I finished up my Panzer IV a few days earlier than expected. Thought about finishing up the Viet Nam dio because the Scout troop has an open house in a couple of weeks and as usual wants me to display stuff. The scoutmaster asked me to bring some American stuff this time (I usually brought me best stuff which is predominently WW2 German). But instead decided to work on the carrier. Have been fiddling around with converting a wildcat to a buffaloe and think I have a reasonably close representation, though I'll keep the conversions separate from the Resin ones. But, I have actually started on the Lexington, I've trimmed off the safety nets on the deck and will lay the deck out tonite and glue it together by using lots of tube glue and placing it upside down on a flat surface with books on top for weight (There's a tip for all you guys building big multiple piece flight deck kits). So I calim an official start in this campaign.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 03:40 AM UTC
Seems like there's going to be a lot of keel plates laid down this weekend. Which Lex are you doing and in what scale? Any chance we can get any pics?

Frank
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 03:21 AM UTC
Looks like I've picked up a real bugger-bear here. The lower hull doesn't fit cleanly to the upper hull. To make matters worse, it also looks like the flight deck doesn't like the upper hull either. This means I'm going to have to make a wild and wooly assembly so I can get it to come out.

The kit is Trumpeter's 350 scale..... time frame will be late 1940 - early 1941. I didn't want a blue deck and I wanted to paint my aircraft in that blue and silver scheme and have those 8" gun turrets on her. I don't show my work until it's done, so no pics
 _GOTOTOP