_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Looking for......
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 06:11 PM UTC
Hi guy's

I'm thinking ahead at the moment and doing some research for my entry in the Leyte Gulf campaign later this year. I discovered that there was one Royal Navy ship involved in this operation the HMS Ariadne a fast cruiser/minelayer that was involved in the landings.
Does anyone know if there is a kit of the 'Ariadne' in 1/700 out there and by whom I've had a look on WEM and no one lists her or her sisters.

Would be nice to do one of the forgotten navies ships in the Pacific.

I know if someone makes this ship then someone on this site will know.

Ciao
Luciano
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 03:26 AM UTC
There is another site that gives real good information and that is modelwarships.com Those guys might be able to steer you towards a kit you can convert. Of course if you have to go resin you may see the other side of $100
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
Model Shipwrights: 278 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 11:36 AM UTC
Hi Luciano. Matchbox used to make one in 1/700. Greatmodels has one in resin 1/700 by Waveline (high quality) for $67.50. White Ensign has one on the way in 1/350 with a pricetag of right around $200 thanks to the dollar/pound trade rate.

Mike T
MikeM
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 219 posts
Model Shipwrights: 182 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 05:47 AM UTC
Luciano
Keep an eye out on ebay for the Matchbox kit, they come up quite regularly. It is an old kit but basically quite accurate, you may want to replace some of the guns and boats and use some photoetch but it can be made into a nice model.

Mike
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 06:16 PM UTC
Thanks guy's,

I've been looking around and found a kit of one of her sisters made by B-Resina. I believe she had some differences in armaments but that should not be to much of a problem now just to find some good references.

Ciao
Luciano
 _GOTOTOP