_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
FEATURE
  Great News for Warship modellers in 1/35 & 1/72...
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Model Shipwrights: 171 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 09:08 PM UTC
Having just found this advance information from Italeri''s 2006 Catalogue, it seemed to great not to share it.... An ''Elco'' in 1/35th, Italian Human Torpedo in 1/35th scale and an Italian MTB in 1/72nd scale.... Oh dear. someone''s Credit Cards are going to be taking a hammering in 2006.....

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 09:16 PM UTC
Howdy Jim,

Many thx for the heads up! on this one. I don't suppose you have any ideas on what the prices will be for these items?

Every time I stop by my local Hobby Lobby my eye always comes across the old Lindberg kit of the Elco {in 1/32nd}, but I've always hesitated because I was unsure of it's quality. Not to mention the rather steep price. Now we might have another {read, better?} option available to us thanks to Italeri.

The Itialian MTB sounds quite interesting as well...

Tread.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 09:18 PM UTC
Gordon, the Elco is listed at €90.00 - not too bad for such a big kit..Jim
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 10:14 PM UTC
OMG...

A Mas boat! Wheres my credit card.. Now there is something I would never have thought one of the mainstream companies would release. Well done Italeri and not forgeting the Maiale "Pig" I thing that will also find its way into my stash.

Thanks Jim for the info, any idea on release dates?

Ciao
Luciano
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 05:02 PM UTC
Hi Jim

This is great news from Italeri

Now we can get injection models of some very overlooked subjects!
Now for my comments:
MS 61 Motosilurante were italian built under license schnellboots - these were not the famous MAS but it is most welcome

SLC Maiale and MTM Barchino after the recent release by Model Victoria SLC Maiale (an excellent model that really makes justice to the "Pig" with some very good details, like printed instruments, PE and bending molds to properly curve the PE) I hope that this Maiale to be as accurate as the MV one They have very good sources to make it good
The MTM Barchino is the italian ancestor of the German Kleinkampfmittel Linse Boat - an explosive boat that was sent to the target ship, and the pilot bailed out before impact - just like the Linse there were the master and the radio controled boat, and other variants - although I have a resin one (by New Model System (now defunct)) it is a small and interesting subject, just asking to have a dio with of the X M.A.S. and these group of warriors
Elco 80ft PT-Boat This is going to be a winner and a huge model!!

Now appart from the Credit Card "problem" I will also have a Box Problem! How am I going to bring home these boxes, another Type VII-C/41 and a Gato just in one year (and all "small" boxes)????

I need a bigger house!!!!!!
And a good hiding place

Thanks again for sharing Jim - great news indead

Skipper
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 09:34 PM UTC
Hmm

Just came to my mind if... and after recent rumors Interesting Rumor.....PT Boats in 35th? I wonder if Trumpeter is releasing any???

Are we going to have a Fleet of Small Craft in BIG SCALE?

:)

Skipper
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 06:21 AM UTC
Howdy Rui,

....you said "Are we going to have a Fleet of Small Craft in BIG SCALE?"

pard', your query is like Yo-Yo Ma to these ears....would absolutely love to see any small craft manufactured in "BIG SCALE"!......in an effort to hear Yo-Yo Ma potentially play Vivaldi, it would be even better to see ANY kind of maintenance craft come to fruition in anything larger than 1/700th scale.....

.....sayyyyyyy, a floating dry dock???????? like the ABSD 3? ........yeah, right :-(

Tread.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 01:05 PM UTC
The idea of a Dio involving that Elco on a Pacific Island really gets the mind boggling.... The basic material is all there, it's just a question of execution...

Curiously enough, only a week or so ago I was thinking of the 1/72nd RAF rescue launches...

I think we're going to see a series of 1/35th vessels at some point this year... Not perhaps a flood, but certainly a gentle drip of kits.

The logical one (at least from Trumpeter's point of view) would be bringing out the Vietnam Monitor - they do love those big impressive kits...Jim
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 04:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Curiously enough, only a week or so ago I was thinking of the 1/72nd RAF rescue launches...

You have been reading a lot of spanish modeling magazines, Jim

I must say that seing the Bigger Brothers of all those MTB's, PT-Boats and LCM(3) that I have build when a kid and later again with more skills are working with me!
OF course there are a great teaser for this kind of big scale dio - Joseph Neumeyer’s Dynamic Dioramas!!!
I'll go for them as soon as I can

Skipper

Space - I need SPACE!!!!
geronimo
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 136 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 05:09 PM UTC
Yo Rui !

You're right. The MS 61 (No 51 - 75) is an improved S-7 design. MS 11 - 36 are nearly the basic design.

@Jim

THX for sharing the information.

Frank
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 05:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yo Rui !

You're right. The MS 61 (No 51 - 75) is an improved S-7 design. MS 11 - 36 are nearly the basic design.

@Jim

THX for sharing the information.

Frank

Hallo Frank

Yes I know, but this was an easy one
I only hope that they got the hull shape correct

I have to apologise to you - I have just rembered that I have to mail you a book!!!
I am so sorry!

Skipper
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 07:07 PM UTC
Hi

The MS 61 Motosilurante looks very very interesting and has caught my eye.

I dont know much about these (excuse my ignorance) could someone kindly let me know a little more information on these or point me in the direction of a source of information purely just to wet the old appeitite.

Regards

Sean
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 08:16 PM UTC
Hi Sean

Here are some interesting links:
http://www.prinzeugen.com/DesignManufacture.htm

and..

http://www.regiamarina.net/
(for this one make a search using Motosilurante and on the results see MS-51)

Hope this helps a little

Skipper
geronimo
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 136 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 01:22 PM UTC
Sean,

a helpful link might be here:

linkname

What we call MS 61 is actually the MS 51 class.
If you surf through the above link, you might want to check the German part for S-30 (to 58) and S-7 (to 12).
The enclosed torpedo tubes are the main difference.
S-7 = MS 11 and S-30 = MS 51

@Skipper

No problem, man ! I changed my job and my flat (actually I moved to my parents until the new job is save). So modelling is more on the theoretical side.
Anyway, in a few month, I'll move again. I'm going to PM you my adress.

CU

Frank
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Model Shipwrights: 85 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 11:18 AM UTC
Wow! That's great news!!! An accurate PT Boat in 35th scale!! Gonna have ta hang that thing from the ceiling in order to display it!!

Any idea when it is expected to be released? This was the year of avoiding smaller purchase so that I could shell out for a few high dollar and much-wanted kits such as the Fine Molds Millennium Falcon, Fisher Models 32nd scale Panther and the Trumpeter CH-47... Not to mention these kits are all big on SPACE, too!

Now I gotta start saving up that paper route money for the PT boat now... Once again, you have to hand it to Italeri for carving out their own niche with some very unique 35 scale kits -- the LCM, LCVP, LVTs and DUKWs were great choices!! Now the PTs!

Any speculation on the armament it will come with?

This is great news --- thanks again, guys!

Much Aloha,

Johnny B

PS A Vietnam Monitor from Trumpeter would be fantastic, too!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 12:27 PM UTC
Italerie did such an exellent job on the LCM and the LCVP that I am sure their Elco will definitely be of equal quality. The PE set folks are going to have a field day with this one too. I'm sure we'll get JFK fgure sets and decals to ake it the 109 as well. I'm sire this will make a hit with the r/c boat crowd as well.
Mark
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 554 posts
Model Shipwrights: 33 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 03:01 AM UTC
Maybe a stupid question (I'm no ship expert ) but does this PT boat differ much from the PTF nasty class boat that was used in Vietnam? (just seeing future possibilities )

Mark
 _GOTOTOP