_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Armorama Warships -> Model Shipwrights
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 05:23 PM UTC
Hi All

Sooner or later this would have to be announced by Jim or me, although the best person to do it would be Jim
But I am posting this because of the Header that was placed today in Warships
Well the look is that, but the link is pointing out to the "wrong" url...

So here it is - take a look, browse and you will notice the differences... or not!

https://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/

I don't know the date when we will "move" - the ball is on Jim's side, but we have to keep and maintain it afloat!

If you have any comment, please post it here

Skipper
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 06:48 PM UTC
In a word, WOW. I'm not quite sure of exactlly what is going to be going on here. Does this mean this site will mirror everything going on at Armorama's Warships forum, or that we'll have to go to this new site in order to satisfy our "wet" plastic addiction? If the former, fantastic. If the latter, I'm not sure. The site does look great though, either way.

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Model Shipwrights: 267 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 07:33 PM UTC
Sorry I should have posted something right away about this but had to sleep.

This is just a sort of "preview of things to come" for the warships section of the site. There is no real need for anyone to start using the modelwarships.com domain yet, just so that others are aware of (and eventually Google will start indexing) the site.

I will explain in more detail some of the changes to come. Right now I need to get to work.

Cheers,
Jim
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 08:28 PM UTC
This topic was covered by our fearless leader in a post a short while ago, in which Jim had explained that Armorama has grown so much that there is a need to develop "satellite" sites from the mothership, of all the different modeling areas that are covered here...I believe that this is the first example, and really, I personally think it's a fantastic idea! It WILL take some getting used to, but I'm sure Jim will make it easy to navigate between the added sites...great job, Jim, and once again, if I can be of any service to you, don't be afraid to ask! (I gotta get back to work now too so that's all from me...right now at least!)
Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 08:35 PM UTC
Here's a link to the previous announcements of this topic:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/news/1395&mode=&order=0

Gunny
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 09:57 PM UTC
Thnaks for the heads-up and for the offer Mark

Skipper
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 04:12 AM UTC
My sentimwents mirror Rodger. I am primarily a tank model builder. I love the ships too. Tuning in to several different sites is something I don't do. I check into Armorama 2 - 3 times a day and go to 4 or 5 forums. The only time I go out to Modelwarship.com is when I have a specific superdetailed question. Other than that I avaoid those guys because they are a bit argumentative and want absolute perfection. Case in point Ron Smiths trashing of Trumpeter's North Carolina, 90 % of that is stuff you would need calipers to judge. the Other 10 % like the hull pieces not matching up is a major problem, but the propeller shafts ????? Few of us really care about the several faults he found there. I awnt it to be close enough that looking at it you could ay without hesitatin Yup...that's a North Carolina class battleship. Is Jim also doig this to the airplane folks. They are twice a big as we are..
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 10:09 AM UTC
I hope no one took my previous post as a slap at Ron Smith. I only pointed out that when it comes to model ships he is a perfectionist whereas, I am not. I don't want our little group to get lost along the way if we change into another site. I don't enjoy the other ship sites as I don't find them user friendly to the non-perfectionist.
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 10:32 AM UTC
As always I have all intentions of continuing to bounce around looking for hidden and shy talent......

EDITED:..... by me---- As soon as the new site opens, I'll be having the first Warship give away.
Open to all ship builders (well I wouldn't put a tank or plane up would I?).... just a simple question to answer....... and YES... the answer is on the internet, not on this site..... and easy to fine if you know anything about me.!!!!!
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 04:00 PM UTC
Thanks Dave

I really apreciate your effort on keeping the guys "focused" and happy

To Steve and the Crew
This does not mean that we are going on a complete split. This is just a way for Jim to organize and to keep things focused. I will have access to news by Jim Rae, as usual, we have the same layout, campaings - the lot!
You can even change "tabs" for Airplanes, Armor.... and so on.

All the functionalities and "modus operandi" that you are used to, will still work (I think!)

Skipper
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 06:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

To Steve and the Crew
This does not mean that we are going on a complete split. This is just a way for Jim to organize and to keep things focused. I will have access to news by Jim Rae, as usual, we have the same layout, campaings - the lot!
You can even change "tabs" for Airplanes, Armor.... and so on.

All the functionalities and "modus operandi" that you are used to, will still work (I think!)

Skipper

That's the way that I understand it also, Rui...it still will be an Armorama site, and still linked to the other sites, forums, activities, etc...I think that in the end this will be an extremely smart move all around...
Mark
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 12:32 AM UTC
Jim has certainly done right by us up to now. I'll reserve any judgement until I see what happens. In one way it certainly does look like the "salty guys" are getting plenty of attention from the boss.

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 03:50 PM UTC
Hi Skipper,

As a new recruit I like the way all topics are available on one site. However, nothing stays the same and I'm sure it will be set up in a user friendly way that one can jump from one subject to another.

It's positive news because it means the site is thriving.

I'll look forward to it.

Al
 _GOTOTOP