_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Lexington completed !!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2006 - 10:00 AM UTC
Well guys, I finished her. It came out as well as I had hoped. At a bit of a distance the Wildcats and Dauntlass' I converted to Bufaloes and Vindicators turned out nicely.

Now here is the dilema. I have tried to upload these pictures into my gallery for ya'll to enjoy and it tells me they are too big to go in. Now if you want to see them I'll gladly send them to you in a file. Just send me your email address. I guess in all the reshuffling they did some work in the system and as my skills in such matters are rather limited, I have no clue on how to adjust pictures that I loaded into my computer into my gallery now.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2006 - 05:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well guys, I finished her. It came out as well as I had hoped. At a bit of a distance the Wildcats and Dauntlass' I converted to Bufaloes and Vindicators turned out nicely.

Now here is the dilema. I have tried to upload these pictures into my gallery for ya'll to enjoy and it tells me they are too big to go in. Now if you want to see them I'll gladly send them to you in a file. Just send me your email address. I guess in all the reshuffling they did some work in the system and as my skills in such matters are rather limited, I have no clue on how to adjust pictures that I loaded into my computer into my gallery now.

Hi Steve!
Want to see them? Heck yeah we want to see them!! If you e-mail the file to me, Bro, I'll see if I can re-size them with my photoshop, then we'll go from there, mate. My email is in my profile.

Gunny
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 03:48 AM UTC
Hi Steve

Good news on your Lex
Bad news on the image issue

I know Mark already offered to help, but I'll second the offer if needed

Skipper
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 05:49 AM UTC
The thing is, this is how I've always done it. Take a picture with the digital camera, load into my computer, download file into my gallery. Always worked before, now it's telling me my file is too big which means when they changed the system around it shrunk something. So, I guess I won't post any more. But, I will send the images to Mark and hopefully he'll be able to do something with them, I know how much you guys have been dying to see this project completed.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 06:58 AM UTC
Here ya go, mate!
I hope you don't stop posting pic's my friend, your Lexington turned out great...LOVE the airwing, Steve!

Thanks, Steve!

Gunny

EDIT: OK Mates, I get the hint...bigger pics are in the Finished Gallery! Sorry, but they are as large as I can get them to be acceptable...~Gunny
Crackshot53
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 143 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 11:49 AM UTC
yeah that's the one!

nice prewar air wing. pretty sick.
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 10:11 PM UTC
Great work - hope to see more - and larger - pictures soon!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 03:48 AM UTC
A lot of thanks has to go to my felow VMI alumnus Tom Hathaway. He gave me pages and pages of information which encouraged me to do this modification. The colors on the planes are accurate thanks to him. I'll be adding more Devastators later as they are kit aircraft, I was hitting burnout with this kit and wanted to get pix posted of a reasonably finished project. I've been itchin to do tanks for a while... (already have running gear on my M48a3 project.

If anyone wants larger pix, send me email address and I'll send you the file. The ship did turn out pretty good.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 03:16 PM UTC
Hi Steve

She looks excellent!
I have to second Martin about the bigger and better pictures, though!

Please check your PM

Congratulations on a work well done
And thanks Mark, for helping out Steve!

Skipper
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 05:26 PM UTC
Steve that looks really great....
I'm afraid I have to echo the others on the larger photos.
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2006 - 01:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If anyone wants larger pix, send me email address and I'll send you the file. The ship did turn out pretty good.

Well, hell YES I want the larger pictures!!!!! You should have my home email, so fire away!!!

Nice job, Steve!!

BTW, I've been experiencing the same issue with my photos. My shots usually wind up being about 380 to 420 K, and the system no longer accepts a photo larger than 250. It's a fairly simple task to "resize them" to about 85% or so and that changes the file size to just under 250. (Skipper showed me how )

So after I down load them, I resize them until they JUST meet the requirement and then upload.

Tom
 _GOTOTOP