_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Trumpeter's H.M.S. Hood
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 355 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2006 - 11:19 PM UTC
Ok just thought I would ask how many out there have actually gone ahead and pre-purchased the Hood? I know I did.Yeah the wife was not to happy.what do you mean over $100.00?What do mean you already gave them the credit card?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 06:01 AM UTC
I haven't yet, but it's not from not being tempted. I figure good as that deal is $150 or so when I can afford it better is better than $110 or so when I can't. I'll just wait until I have the money without eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a month.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 06:43 AM UTC
The key my friends is patience. Don't try to be the first kid on the block to get one. I waited 2 months after the NC came out and picked it up for $75 ($120 -retail). SO wait a couple of months and haunt ebay. Someone will discount it at probably $100 even. I picked up the Tamiya Enterprize for that. I see y0u can get the BR 52 loco for $110 right now.And those big Leopold guns at $75
Frankenstein
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 7 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 07:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok just thought I would ask how many out there have actually gone ahead and pre-purchased the Hood? I know I did.Yeah the wife was not to happy.what do you mean over $100.00?What do mean you already gave them the credit card?

What do you mean I'm sleeping on the couch? :-)
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 03:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The key my friends is patience. Don't try to be the first kid on the block to get one. I waited 2 months after the NC came out and picked it up for $75 ($120 -retail). SO wait a couple of months and haunt ebay. Someone will discount it at probably $100 even. I picked up the Tamiya Enterprize for that. I see y0u can get the BR 52 loco for $110 right now.And those big Leopold guns at $75

With money the way it is anymore (not enough of it!) this is advice well given...unless you absolutely can't wait a little while or are fortunate enough to be able to, it is a good thing to wait it out a few to see what's up...from what I read in the above post, it's a proven theory, eh Steve?

~Gunny
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 11:58 PM UTC
its the only way to fly my brother. The only reason I shop ebay is to get a bargain. I do my homework first. Check on the prices at 3 or 4 internet store sites so I have a good idea, then I bid at about 20 % or so less.
 _GOTOTOP