_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Sailing Vessels
This forum is for sailing ships both civilian and military of any era.
CHEAP wooden sailing ship models !!!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 03:56 AM UTC
I stumbled onto this site by accident. There is a company on ebay selling built wooden ship models all roughly 4 feet long for incredible prices. I stumbled onto it checking for Fletcher class DD's and the last item was a 44 inch wooden one. I checked out the guys other items and found a plethora of famous wooden warships like Victory, Constitution, La SOl Royal and several others. They are up for bid...no miimun bid. Buy it now price is $179. The company is" theredsun" and they are located here in Texas. Unfortunately for me they don't have local pickup. Man where is that damned IRS refund check !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

I forgot to say these folks are on EBAY. Generally like to do buisness in CONUS (lower 48 for you non-military types)but will set up special shipping worldwide...
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 08:57 AM UTC
When I dug further, I found 2 more companies that do the same thing. Mind you these are fully rigged some have super detailed lower gun decks. All seem to be under $200 and some you can bid on that start out under $100. And me unemployed since forever and just struggling to keep the house payments and bills all current and up to date. Well, I've the addresses highlighted but anyone interested go into toys>hobbies>model ships and then write in some ship like Victory or Constitution.. Shipping is expensive, but they show a picture of how they pack it so I think it would be worth the shipping cost.
 _GOTOTOP