_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Anyone Notice?
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 - 08:56 PM UTC
Is it just me, or does there seem to be a scarcity of surface warships and submarines on the online catalogs of which two years ago there existed a surplus? Not only that, but I also noticed that kits such as the USS Ohio which sold for less than twenty five dollars has seen a dramatic increase in price over the past year. Lastly, while perusing this months Squadron flyer last night, much to my surprise the majority of kits featured were....Battleships...hmmmmmm...coincidence?

Are we here at Model Shipwrights and Armorama setting the pace and the market??????????

Do you feel the power? Do you see Model Shipwrights and Armorama becoming the last word in the modeling world?

Today the web, tomorrow the world.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 - 09:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Are we here at Model Shipwrights and Armorama setting the pace and the market??????????

Do you feel the power? Do you see Model Shipwrights and Armorama becoming the last word in the modeling world?

Yes, Steve-O, I do see us here at MSW becoming the last word in ship modeling! Definitely a goal to work towards now, isn't it, mate?
~Gunny
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 - 09:47 PM UTC
I wouldn't go that far Steve :-)
But I can say that there is a strange coincidence with our Campaigns and some float on some online stores

Zhe Zill Rhule zhe World
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 12:11 AM UTC
I've been watching a dramatic increase in the pricing of everything hobby related. For myself, ..... as the little guy on the tube use to say.....

"time to build the stash.... time to build the stash.... time to build the stash..... "......
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 01:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've been watching a dramatic increase in the pricing of everything hobby related.

Personally I’ve been seeing an increase in the price of everything.

And sadly my stash isn’t big yet.

Quoted Text

If we do I get Alaska. They have good hunting up there. :-)
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 01:37 AM UTC
I have a fairly large stash, but my problem is, that there are so many more things I would like to add to it! I guess my wife is right, I'm never satisfied....

Yeah Dave, now that I think about it, the increase in prices are across the board. Are there just that many building that we have ran into the supply and demand situtation? D'oh!

Ok Jacob, you can have Alaska, as long as Rui can find me some nice beachfront property in Portugal.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 01:40 AM UTC
Well, if we are setting the pace, can we get some amphibs in 1/350? And how about some aftermarket stuff for all these 1/500 Nimitiz class carriers Trumpeter has? I would be happy with an aircraft set.

Quoted Text

If we do I get Alaska. They have good hunting up there.

Hey Jacob, you can HAVE Alaska. We got good hunting here in Louisiana (Sportsman's Paradise) and it's a heck of a lot warmer here.

Gator
_Admiral_Fil
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 60 posts
Model Shipwrights: 60 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 11:22 PM UTC
What stash??? I don't know what are you guys talking about....I wonder what are those 150 boxes here on my office. How did they get here!?? The world wonders!!!!!! :-)
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 12:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I wonder what are those 150 boxes here on my office.

Office? Ahhhhhhhh you have a secret stash! :-) :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP