_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Civilian Ships & Boats
Covers all non-sail civilian ships, craft, and boats.
Another Titanic?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 09:25 PM UTC
Last night I was at one of the local Hobby Lobby's in town and they had a "new" kit of the Titanic. Minicraft 1/350 Titanic with P.E.. The one really different thing I noticed about the kit is the box art. Instead of a horizontal picture of the ship or the kit, it has a recreation of a travel brochure from that period, printer to that when the box is on the shelf the brochure is sideways. At $89 it's more than I'd normally spend, but next time H.L. has one of their half off sales, assuming they ever do, I might give it some thought. One of these days I'd like to have a good Titanic sitting on the shelf.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 10:02 PM UTC
Hi Rodger

I must admit that this is not one of my favorite areas, actually I think I don't even have a Ocean Liner model...
They make some impressive display models and can be very colourfull.

You might already know this website, but check it, at least for fun:
The Debris Field

A 1/350 Titanic by half a price including PE set is good deal though

Next step: "How to enter your house with a three feet long cardboard box without the Mrs noticing it!"
This could be a very helpfull Feature in MSW with Revell VII-C/41, Gato and Italeri's PT-Boat in mind

Skipper :-)
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 11:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Next step: "How to enter your house with a three feet long cardboard box without the Mrs noticing it!"
This could be a very helpfull Feature in MSW with Revell VII-C/41, Gato and Italeri's PT-Boat in mind

Skipper :-)

I think on this, the Trumpeter Hood, Gato, and that PT, assuming I ever swing the prices, I'll have to figure twice the price for them. The original price, and the price of the gifts to SWMBO that I'll need to lay on her. I wouldn't even TRY to sneak them past her, as there is no way I wouldn't try to drool over them around her. Of course I'll do my bribing and groveling AFTER the fact. I firmly believe in the old addage, it's easier to beg forgiveness, than to get permission.

:-)
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 08:17 PM UTC
I have the Minicraft kit, but the one without the PE. I haven't built it yet, I've had it for about six years now or whenever it was when the resurgence in intrest of the Titanic took place. I like the kit. It's huge. The constrcution instructions are very comprehensive as well as the painting instructions. I plan to ourchase the PE sets to enhance it I hope to build it within the next year now that I have someplace and a reason to display it. (I can use it to promote the books we have on the Titanic.) I'd like to do a small display on the anniversary of its sinking next year.

I think you would like the kit Rodger and I hope that you will be able to purchase it.
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 08:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I firmly believe in the old addage, it's easier to beg forgiveness, than to get permission. :-)

I live by it! :-) :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP