_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
carrier akagi.....
Spades
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 776 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 06:03 AM UTC
Since I am so damn confused with the " NEW " website, and I just cant find the "ship" forum to save my life.

Does anybody know if thier is some after market parts for the hasegawa akagi in 1/450 scale ???

Also, is this going to be the "permanent" look for the website ???
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 06:13 AM UTC
Easy to find the ship site.

1. On top of Armorama page click on ships.
or
2. on top of Model Geek, click on Model Shipwrights
or
3. located in the smaller box on the right hand side of the lastest post page you will find the links to the other sites, and listings of their latest posts.

here is the link to Model Shipwrights:

Model Shipwrights

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Model Shipwrights: 69 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 06:20 AM UTC
Another way to get there is to go to the LP (latest post) page and on the right side 1/2 way down is the MSW links to thier LP page.
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 11:42 AM UTC
Hi Lou!

You can also, once you are in the pages you visit often, bookmark them in your browser. Then create an Armorama folder and place them in it.
I don't use this kind of bookmarks because I use the new Latest Post page and from there you can go everywhere in the site!

As for the question, I hope the ship guys will be able to help you.

Jean-Luc
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 02:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Since I am so damn confused with the " NEW " website, and I just cant find the "ship" forum to save my life.

Aww c'mon, mate, just follow the smell o' the sea...like the others said, my friend, log-in to Armorama, then click the "Warships" button at the top of the homepage...or go to any forum, and click on the "Model Shipwrights" section in the "latest posts" page...(it's easiest just to put the MSW homepage in your "Favorites" list on your PC )

Quoted Text

Does anybody know if thier is some after market parts for the hasegawa akagi in 1/450 scale ???

Yep... Lookee right HERE

Quoted Text

Also, is this going to be the "permanent" look for the website ???

Lou, the new change of Armorama as a whole is a Work in Progress, and primarily, the new look of the site will be as it appears, but with little tweaks and adjustments here and there...there is alot of work yet to do on the horizon, so as members, we all have to be patient...in the long run, as always, this new network of Armorama sites will be the best damned modeling site(s) on the net! We're moving onward and upward, and with these new changes, things will only get better for everybody!
~Gunny
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 398 posts
Model Shipwrights: 292 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 07:06 PM UTC
Gold Medal Models makes a dedicated photoetch set for the 1/450 AKAGI. You'll find it in stock here at White Ensign Models.
Spades
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 776 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 10:29 PM UTC
Ha ha !! Thank you for your comments and help. Since the akagi will be the first vessel I have modeled in YEARS, this will be interesting. Mostly do armor, than some planes and helo's.

Found the kit for 25 bucks, w/shipping total was 34.00. So, once I start, will post pics (another challenge).
 _GOTOTOP