_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Attention on deck, Great Guy alert!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 05:42 PM UTC
I got a package yesterday. SWMBO IM'd me at work to tell me it arrived. I'd been expecting one from Dave, Grumpy Old Man, but I wasn't sure this was it. Let me explain.

A while back on Armorama I asked about orderless paint thinners. I'd tried some that claimed they were odorless, but they still had a, to me and my wife, pretty strong odor. I got a PM from Dave asking me for my address and saying he had some that he wouldn't be using, and he'd send it to me. I had told the wife to be on the look at for it, but she was telling me this package looked a LOT bigger than just a can of paint thinner. When I got home I saw she was right, it was a pretty big box.

Inside, very carefully wrapped, was the can of thinner, AND a 1/350 scale Eastern Express pre dreadnought Knyaz Suvorov!

What a great guy we have in our midst.

Dave, two things. One I have got to get SWMBO to do something for me to try to thank you. You'll be getting something in the post before too long. Second I don't know when I will get to making this, but I can assure you you won't be seeing it on Ebay. Once I get all my other projects done I am looking forward to taking this one on.

Thanks very much.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 05:51 PM UTC
That's way cool, Rodge...
I think that Dave really isn't such a Grumpy old man, ya know!?
~Gunny
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 970 posts
Model Shipwrights: 446 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 06:52 PM UTC
Nah, this is what happened - the 'Old Man' bit came to the fore, Dave had a senior moment and wrapped the kit with your thinners by mistake. Some ebayer somewhere is wondering where his package has got to, and if you'd kept quiet Dave would have been none the wiser ;-)
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 08:12 PM UTC
Well.....Dave isn't so grumpy afterall! :-)

You da man Dave!
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 04:42 AM UTC
:-) Build it in good health Rodger.... :-)
 _GOTOTOP