_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
More Invincible
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 08:36 PM UTC
Trying to move along - have the forward superstructure getting close to being "done". Once the forward tripod is on, most of the major construction will be done. Then it's on to photo-etching, ships boats (tedious!) and touch up work....

Still a little rough - I keep seeing things that need to be touched up everytime I take a new photo!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 09:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Still a little rough - I keep seeing things that need to be touched up everytime I take a new photo!

Hi Martin!
Progress looks good, mate...I know what you mean, man...I do the same thing...think it looks sweet until I take a dig. and then see all kinds of trash...kinda like a good warning system though, eh?
~Gunny
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 09:10 PM UTC
Looks very nice. Those tripod masts look so massive and impressive I can't wait to see them with the control positions in place.

I agree, I almost hate to take pictures of my kits, since it shows every flaw. At least to my eyes.
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 12:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree, I almost hate to take pictures of my kits, since it shows every flaw. At least to my eyes.

That is absolutely true!!! But Gunny's got a great point, it does point you back to the things you can correct. I'm amazed at the things I've missed until they jump out in a photo!

Tom
 _GOTOTOP