_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Now Forming: Club Med!
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Model Shipwrights: 79 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 08:48 PM UTC
Club Med: Sand, Sea, Sunshine... and Bullets!

Operational Overview

This campaign will run for 6 months, from 1 June 2006 - 31 December 2006.

The focus of this campaign will be the Middle East & Mediterranean theatres of battle of World War II, and the men, women and equipment that gallantly took part therein.

Herewith follows a list of British campaigns and key battles which should provide a good starting point for participants:

- Abyssinia 1940-41: Keren, Amba Alagi, The Juba, Gondar
- British Somaliland 1940
- Iraq 1941
- Syria 1941: Damascus, Damour
- North Africa 1940-43: Sidi Barrani, Bardia, Tobruk, Beda Fomm, Gazala, Mersah Matruh, Alamein Line, Alam El Halfa, El Alamain, Medenine, Mareth, Tebaga Gap, Wadi Akarit, Enfidaville, Tebourba Gap, Bou Aradi, Kasserine, Fondouk, Oued Zarga, El Kourzia, Medjez plain, Tunis
- Sicily 1943: Landings in Sicily, Adrano
- Italy 1943-45: The Sangro, Salerno, Naples, Volturno Crossing, Monte Camino, Garagliano Crossing, Anzio, Cassino, Liri Valley, Rome, Trasimene Line, Arezzo, Florence, Gothic Line, Coriano, Lamone Crossing, Rimini Line, The Senio, Argenta Gap, Bologna
- Greece 1941: Mount Olympus
- Greece 1944-45
- Middle East 1941-44: Crete 1941, Malta 1940-42

The Rules and Regs
This is a general modelling campaign, therefore all relevant genres (i.e. Armour, Aircraft, Figures, Softskins and Maritime) and scales will be accepted. The key point here is the word "relevant". The troops, armour, aircraft, etc must have taken part in the theatre/campaign depicted. The campaign leader reserves the right to request a participant to justify their entry or entries.

Contest Element
Participants may enter as many relevant entries as they so with, provided the entry is completed during the time period.

For their efforts, partipants will be awarded a nifty piece of cyber-ribbon to add to their collections and show off to friends and family.

Click HERE to enlist!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 08:57 PM UTC
Sounds Exciting, sir Tarok!
Thanks for giving us a heads up mate!!
~Gunny
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 09:06 PM UTC
I really need to finish more kits I've started before I enter any new campaigns, but I'll sure try. One action that isn't mentioned here, but should qualify, is the British attack on Mers-el-Kebir, Oran, Algeria. It's not a pretty moment in RN history, but it was when the British sank quite a few French ships to prevent them from falling into German hands.

If I were to enter this campaign I'd consider doing the 1/600 Airfix HMS Hood I have in the stash, to show the flagship of this attack.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 12:57 AM UTC
Did NC or Washington shw up for this? ONly ship I have otherwise I'll have to do a tank or half-track. I've got Meow campaign that I'm runnng simultaneously, probally do the Dragon initial Tiger in Russian. I have a DAK tiger 1 in stash as well as the Pzr IV E

EDIT: Oh I'm briliant....I've got the Jerimaih Obrien....a Liberty ship (smiley face)
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Model Shipwrights: 79 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 02:09 PM UTC
Thanks for joining, lads.

Quite honestly I have no idea what I'm building for this Operation yet... I'd like to say I'll do an entry for each genre - but yeah right!!!! :-) :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP