_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
Dreadnoughts & Flattops Home Stretch!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 03:32 PM UTC
Yarggh, maties, top o' the mornin' to you all....
Ok, here we are into June by three days, my friends, and we are into the home stretch of Dreadnoughts!, and also Flattops! (but with special note on this one).
I'm posting this as a reminder note to all involved with either or both of these campaigns, just to keep the thought alive in your head, that Dreadnoughts! most definitely will end in 27 days, as there has already been an extension applied to this excellent campaign, so if you're still building your entry for this campaign, better light a fire under yer butt and git er done!
As for Flattops!, although the official end of the campaign is still June 30th, we have a special campaign rider attached to this one by our Campaign Administator, Mr. Jim Lewis, that we (the participants) agreed on. This rider states that although the campaign is over, we have agreed to allow it to be opened back up as to award members their completion ribbons who have not been able to meet the deadline because of the complexity of some shipbuilding or late starters. But try to finish by the deadline, if possible, mates!
Also, participants of both of these campaigns please listen up, you MUST post your completed photo's in the proper campaign album in the KitMaker Gallery, as this is the only way that completion ribbons will be awarded...so if you haven't done so, then please, hop to it!
Again, I must thank all that have been involved with both of these most excellent of campaigns in our friend Garry's honor, I have had such a FANTASTIC experience as the manager of both of these, and really hate to see the end draw near (can't we just have one more extension? ), but we have more excellent campaigns in the mist, my friends, DDD2 is going headstrong with Skipper at the con, and soon the Leyte Gulf will come alive again with our friend Gator steering it along...with many more ahead in the future as well!
So with all this said mates, Keep Modeling!
~Gunny
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 970 posts
Model Shipwrights: 446 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 06:21 PM UTC
Just wasted more modelling time reading another of Gunny's long posts...

Seriously, my KGV will be ready for paint this weekend, so finishing her shouldn't be a problem. Don't think I'll have Ark Royal finished in time though unfortunately
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 06:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just wasted more modelling time reading another of Gunny's long posts...

Just what are ye tryin' to say, sailor? A bit too much wind in me sails, eh? :-)

Quoted Text

Seriously, my KGV will be ready for paint this weekend, so finishing her shouldn't be a problem. Don't think I'll have Ark Royal finished in time though unfortunately

Good to hear, Rip...but keep working on your AR, Bro, even though Flattops is officially closed on the 30th, you will still get a ribbon when you do complete the project.

And Everyone listen up, something that I forgot to mention on my previously winded post, , is that if and when you do finish your Flattop entry, it's up to you to contact me via e-mail to let me know that you are done, and have uploaded your finished photo(s) in the gallery...just drop me a line here at [email protected] to let me know!
Ok, I'm done now, back to work!
~Gunny
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 03:22 PM UTC
Thanks Mark

I guess my Flattops entry will be done, but over June 30th... (a wild guess) :-)
You'll notice when it's done

Skipper
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 06:34 PM UTC
Hi Mark

Worked on repairs all day yesterday after the damage from last week.

Got all the bits ready for paint. They are sitting awaiting the airbrush to do its thing.

I am starting to paint it today after lunch.

Regards

Sean
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 970 posts
Model Shipwrights: 446 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 07:22 PM UTC
King George V now ready for paint...

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 07:48 PM UTC
She looks Very Good Graham
Keep up

Skipper

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 01:57 AM UTC
I'm pretty sure my Bismarck was posted correctly way back when. I think October ??? Hopefully my Lexington was as well, seems I remember doing that one.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 04:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Mark

Worked on repairs all day yesterday after the damage from last week.

Got all the bits ready for paint. They are sitting awaiting the airbrush to do its thing.

I am starting to paint it today after lunch.

Regards

Sean

Sounds good, Sean...
Better post a guard near it this time, mate!
Keep me posted!
~Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 04:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

King George V now ready for paint...

Looking Good, Rip!
Can't wait to see her all painted up and lookin pretty mate!
~Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 04:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm pretty sure my Bismarck was posted correctly way back when. I think October ??? Hopefully my Lexington was as well, seems I remember doing that one.

Hey Steve!
Yes sir, your in there, mate! Thanks for BOTH fantastic entries, my friend!
~Gunny
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 11:42 PM UTC
Hi Mark

First coat of paint on yesterday afternoon.

Its looking good except in the excitement of rushing to get an airbrush in my hand i forgot a couple of turrets. Oh well I haves ome other apinting to do so I will try and get them all done asap.

Regards

Sean
 _GOTOTOP