_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Exciting !!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 01:38 AM UTC
I didn't want to go off topic in the thread about the Dragon survey. But did you guys pick up how many of those taking the survey were first time posters...quite a few haven't even hit the Armorama site yet either. Looks like we are gaining some readership here. Hopefuly some will become major lague players here
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 01:54 AM UTC
Hey Steve,

What's a "major lague" player?
Seriously, I too am excited about all the new members.

Kenny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 04:42 AM UTC
I agree 100% Steve!
I too think it's both very exciting and super cool that we are gaining new members (almost daily!) and the ranks are growing stronger, mate!
~Gunny
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 10:12 AM UTC
I also agree its a great thing to see this emerging trend.

I think its partly due to a great bunch of knowledgeable and enthusiaistic people who run and contribute to this forum. The passion and sheer enthusiasm of everyone here for the site and their ship modelling is infectious and highly addictive.

I personally think there is a great need in ship modelling circles for a site exactly like this.

Again I personally have really really enjoyed visiting here and I have really enjoyed building my first ship model. I know my model it aint a show stopper but its a start.

Through the support and generosity of some real good folks here my modelling interest has been totally rekindled and I really and truly appreciate it.

Regards

Sean
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Model Shipwrights: 44 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 10:56 AM UTC
Hi all

I think many people came from modelwarships.com (great site) I posted this DML topic on one of their forums. Some other people on that site also mentioned this topic. Shipbuilders unite!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Cheers

Matthijs
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 02:18 PM UTC
Hi Steve and all

Man, you beat me into this post!!
It is good to have all the new members and one thing I know for sure:
- As Matt (soldat) so well mentioned, Shipbuilders Unite!
We are so few and our works take so long to build that we should make all efforts to have a real friendly, although critic (on the positive side, of course) and knowlegeable community - and I think that we are making this here at MSW.
This doens't mean that we must all have an exclusivity towards MSW - no! That is an option of each and everyone of us

So... to all newly listed Members, Welcome Aboard MSW

Skipper
 _GOTOTOP