_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
mini ships
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 01:33 AM UTC
Seeing those metal micro ships brought back some memories. Went over to the ALNAVCO site and almost fainted when I saw the prices. I remembered that Revell had a series of around 20 ships in 1200 scale. I think they were called miniships or micronavy. Looking to pick some of those up. Saw on ebay a store in England selling them for a pound each, but they were very limited in their variety (Tirpitz - Hornet - Scharnhorst / Gneisenau) If anyone knows where I can pick up some of the others like a Yamato, Iowa or one ot the Italian stallions let me know

redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 03:27 AM UTC
I’ve seen a few over at Great models
http://www.greatmodels.com/ Just do a search for 1/1200 and you should find them.

Also if your interested you can find smaller ones there to. I found a kit for the butler class DE in something like 1/2000. They had a whole range of the little things but I don’t know how anyone could work with something that small.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2006 - 02:31 AM UTC
I made that mistake with great models earlier. They list one--two hundred, not one--twelve hundred scale ships. My understanding is that these ceased production a while ago. One guy in England got a large box of them and only has a few left that he is selling. I consideerd the Scharhorst and Tirpitz, but only if I could add about 4 or 5 others as I already have a 350 scale Bismarck.
 _GOTOTOP