_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Tough job
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 11:43 PM UTC
WHEW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize how hard it is to be a campaign leader. I always thought you set it up and it just pretty much ran itself. Well I've got 111 participants (last count) in my "MEOW" camaign and i average 2 PM's a day asking questions as well as about a half dozen emails (total). The campaign has only been running a couple of weeks so far. Lordy I've still got 6 and a half months to go before it ends, and then there will be all the research trying to figure who finished and who didn't. So to all the folks who ran all these great campaigns I've had the priveledge to enjoy....my hats off to you and I hope I can do as well as you have.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 02:53 AM UTC
Hi Steve

Keep you hat on and reply courteously to those PM's
Also maintain a coherence, always, about entrys and any potencial issues
A good way to keep your guys "on the line" is to ask, at least weekly a Situation Report, be inquisitive and also supportive to the guys - I told this to Mark for dreadnoufgt adnd Flattops and the result is here for all to see!!!!

You can manage it Steve - just keep calm

Skipper
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 04:12 AM UTC
I haven’t ran one so I can’t give you any advice there but being in the Meow campaign myself I think you doing a great job so far.
And by the looks of things a lot of use are making great head way on our models so things will probably start to calm down soon.

I’m sure you'll continue to do just fine.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 04:15 AM UTC
Well Steve, I too think that you're doing a fine job. No more questons from me needed.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 04:18 PM UTC
Hey Steve!
I'll be totally honest wit ya, Bro, I myself had no idea of what to expect as far as running a campaign here at the site...with the help of Rui and Jim Lewis, the job was made much easier...at first, both Flattops and Dreadnoughts were quite hectic, as is your MEOW Campaign, but soon all will die down and should smooth out at an even keel...that's when my fun really started, as I got to be a part of each and every one of the builds, keeping track of the progress, nudging and teasing everyone along at slower times...I'm sorry to see these campaigns end, mate, I had a real ball, met alot of great people, and seen a gang of great models.
So don't despair, my friend, you too should get a chance soon to really start to enjoy the workings of your campaign...

~Gunny
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 02:16 AM UTC
No dispair here my friends. Like you say, it's all fun. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't do it. Most of the emails come from folks trying to pick an appropriate subject matter. Lucky for me I am well versed in the subject and have been able to accomodate almost everyone. I started keeping a list of those who have completed and have 2 so far. (Tanks are so much simplier that ships) I am blessed with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to think problems through logically rather than emotionally, so I imagine it will run smoothly. As long as everyone had fun, then I am happy.
 _GOTOTOP